Bone Marrow Donation

WorksopRam

I apologise if this is a sensitive subject for anyone, it's certainly not in my intentions to upset anyone.

I know many people nowadays donate blood or are registered on the organ donor list, but the low numbers of people signed up to the bone marrow donor list is quite astonishing.

I urge all of you to check up on the subject and consider signing up to the donation list.

http://www.anthonynolan.org/

It covers a lot of myths about the process (it put my mind at ease) and gives the facts on how you can help someone.

Obviously it's not for everyone, but I'd appreciate it if you could have a look.

Cheers. :)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although i do know about A. Nolan and im sure it a worthy cause but unless im wrong? it involves a big needle?and unless it a family member it something i wouldnt do im afraid.

If im wrong please enighten me

Although i do know about A. Nolan and im sure it a worthy cause but unless im wrong? it involves a big needle?and unless it a family member it something i wouldnt do im afraid.

If im wrong please enighten me

That's the thing, Neo, it's not like that.

It's simply you being hooked up to a small tube in each arm for a couple of hours, with blood passing out and being filtered, then returning to the body.

Much simpler than how I first thought.

Archived