is the honeymoon over

Neo

Just to spark a bit of debate has Cloughie got what it takes?

We are stummbling towards safety is that good enough?

For me we have gone cheap option again bsp manager wont cost much but pleases the fans?

Now dont answer with your heart answer with facts is it too much for Nigel?

Results are now saying so 8 goals in 2 away games facts dont lie.

Thoughts guys

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its to early to judge Clough and question his ability only being here a couple of months. Results dont lie but nor does the injury list, we've lost some key players since Cloughs arrival (Green, Addison, Commons, Porter) and i'm sure if they were fit and playing results would of been slightly different and we would have a few more points on the board.

The 4 players who are there to protect Bywater have been a shambles in recent weeks, defensive errors cost us again last night when we could of easily got something from the game with the first 20 minutes performance last night.

We just need to stay up which I have no doubt we will, Clough will then have the summer to bring in his own players and bring key players back to fitness ready for next season.

Cloughs not a messiah, he's not Brian, hes a young manager with a sensible head on his shoulders, he was never going to come in and wave his magic wand and turn this rabble into a promotion chasing team, we just have to grin and bear it this season and hope next season is a different story.

I agree with you david it's too early to tell and we have been hit by alot of injuries to influential players, he came in this season at a point where morale was low and we were emulating the kind of form we had the previous season in the prem under pj which was poor making too many mistakes and losing points where we perhaps shouldn't have. Before nigel came in if we were down by a goal it was like the team lost the plot and had no fight in them where as now as it has been proved in recent matches we still have a bit of fight and are willing to fight to reduce the deficit and even come back and win matches, I personally think some fans wanted instant results and thought it would be a quick fix but if we stick with nigel next season top half/ mid-table and possible pushing for play offs the season after would be something that is more realistic :cool:

Being in a miserable way for 18 months with Billy and Jewell made me pessimistic about Clough and I thought he would be out of his depth.

However, I believe it was he who inspired that win against Man Utd and he has demonstrated capability in turning us in to a team that CAN pass and score goals.

We have been creating chances a lot, we had a few last night but we have been hindered by the loss of Addison, Green and Commons.

Nigel has tried his best to sort out the defence and that is what is costing us. In the summer he will sign some much better quality defenders I hope, as well as some back up players if we suffer such an unfortunate injury crisis again.

Maybe the honeymoon period of Man Utd, Forest, Super Tealinho is over. That was a delicious couple of months but hysteria like that only lasts a limited time. It's now a realistic time, we need to not get ahead of ourselves and realise this is a difficult league and there is a lot of work to be done. I am very confident in Clough for next season in the Championship.

David - well said - agree completely with what you said.

We must not start to panick -we have had many key players injured and like you say terrible back four - let's just hope he gets who he wants in the transfer window. Keep the faith.

probably the best thing to have happened to derby county in years is nigel.

we hopefully wont go up next year , give the best young manager in england the time to blossom, he will do the business im 100%positive ,lets not get rid of another clough too soon, look what happened last time.

my own personal opinion is regardless of what i consider to be a bit of a dodgy board,i believe that clough will show his true colours soon

GIVE HIM TIME PLEASE!

Nigel will need time, there is no quick fix in this leaue and i would much rather we set a stable squad together over time rather than repeat what we did under billy the kiis league.d, he knows the areas where we are weak and has highlighted that in his interviews, cb is th place we need to strenghten but lets not forget leecock is yet to come back and i feel him and addy would be more than adequate next season in this league.

Archived