Traveling to Watford

RookeryHorn

Hello again!

I couldn't create a topic in the Matchday talk area, so I've put it here with the view to it being moved.

Anyway for those of you coming down tomorrow, [url=http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?t=35493]click here for a visitors guide outlining everything from parking, to transport, to pubs.

If you do choose to use this, any tips on how you found it as an 'outsider' would be useful. It's still a work in progress and in the future I intend to make it into a PDF, and a concise print friendly version too.

Regards!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If anybody is going by train from Derby,we got off at Luton last year,and got a taxi to Watford.

Obviously better if there are a few of you,but cost approx. £35 each way for the six of us.

If you're going to take this approach, I'd suggest getting on a local train from Luton to St Albans, walking around to the other train station (10 minute walk) and getting the 'Abbey Flyer' train into Watford Junction.

Or getting a local train from Luton down to Radlett and getting a taxi from there to Watford. Will be cheaper than from Luton.

EDIT: Or also, get off at Bedford, and change on the train to Bletchley, then get on one going down to Watford.

If you're going to take this approach, I'd suggest getting on a local train from Luton to St Albans, walking around to the other train station (10 minute walk) and getting the 'Abbey Flyer' train into Watford Junction.

Or getting a local train from Luton down to Radlett and getting a taxi from there to Watford. Will be cheaper than from Luton.

EDIT: Or also, get off at Bedford, and change on the train to Bletchley, then get on one going down to Watford.

That sounds a good idea for future reference.

Cheers

Don't want to appear insensitive, but anyone got any feedback (for the guide! :p)?

Down the road from the ground, opposite the betting shop there's a lovely little bakery. Maybe include that for people with children?

The one that did a pie for Big Brother as the big poster told me...

Archived