Help wanted on Hd pvr for ps3

vicky-27

Need some help please

my son wants a hd pvr for christmas all i know is he wants to record what he playing on ps3 and be able to put it on youtube -

looked on amazon and other places - seems to be around £149 (gulp)

do i need anything else to go with it or does it come complete -or do i need other cables, software etc ? cant tell as i know nothing about these things. also noticed you can use a recording card or a dazzle ? are these as good ?

he has a ps3 slim along with an a ipower x2.0 packard bell gaming machine if that helps.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have a HD camcorder you could save yourself a few shillings and just record it using that.....

A Dazzle is a video capture device, you normally attach them vis a USB connection to a PC or laptop. They're commonly used to transfer VHS tapes onto a PC (for burning onto DVD), but they can be used to capture video from most sources. However, I think they only capture in Standard Definition so if he really really has to record COD in HD then you'll just have to stump up three times the price of a Dazzle for the privilege - A Dazzle with software is around 50-60 quid, Amazon's probably as good as anywhere to get them from.

Once you've decided which route to go (i.e. Dazzle or not) there are lots of video tutorials on youtube which will give you all the gen you need on how to set it up.

My friend has recently brought one of those Dazzle ones.

Clicky

Apparently the best one is the £150 you mention.

Clicky Again

You can't really tell the difference between the video quality so get the Dazzle. I'll ask him for a better review tomorrow if you like. :)

With the Dazzle he did say that you need to buy a million and one different leads and cables (not literally a million and one but you get the picture...)

Archived