Championship Trends?

pennines

I am watching the Bristol City v QPR game this afternoon (State side)

and having watched the Rams at Leeds and Coventry earlier in the year, would like to ask regular Rams fans if the "trend" of play in the Championship has improved/changed?

To be honest, I have been impressed with the technical, pocession oriented game the Rams are playing......and they should have beaten Coventry easily.

Now I am watching this game and its it not that bad! Alright, it is not the Premiership, or La Liga, but it is definately not all long ball hit into the air...both teams are trying to play on the ground. Obviously there are more mistakes and breakdowns than the top level, but does this trend move down the leagues...or am I just lucky with the TV games?

The Championship must be pretty even, based on the league table...Rams are 7th.......but could be 14th with a loss.

Any feedback would be welcome.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am watching the Bristol City v QPR game this afternoon (State side)

and having watched the Rams at Leeds and Coventry earlier in the year, would like to ask regular Rams fans if the "trend" of play in the Championship has improved/changed?

To be honest, I have been impressed with the technical, pocession oriented game the Rams are playing......and they should have beaten Coventry easily.

Now I am watching this game and its it not that bad! Alright, it is not the Premiership, or La Liga, but it is definately not all long ball hit into the air...both teams are trying to play on the ground. Obviously there are more mistakes and breakdowns than the top level, but does this trend move down the leagues...or am I just lucky with the TV games?

The Championship must be pretty even, based on the league table...Rams are 7th.......but could be 14th with a loss.

Any feedback would be welcome.

I agree, both teams are trying to play a passing game.

I honestly think it's in the top 10 leagues in the world, everyone would struggle to name 10 league of better quality.

There's so excellent stuff in this league, there really is. I always wonder how far a team like QPR or Cardiff would get these days in the Europa League if they got through somehow.

Archived