Processor software

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a very very outdated statement (from about 10 yrs ago!), Intel currently have a clear performance advantage at the top end, but AMD still have the edge in price/performance comparisons. In any case, you're probably right in recommending an Intel for mobile processors at the mobile AMD have been a bit slack there recently.

So you objected to a comment I made as being out of date, and then agreed with it as sound current advice.... :confused:

I used the buzzle article because it made the point concisely and with a minimum of technogabble. I thought it would be helpful to Hucknall Ram as he by his own admission is not so familiar with the technology. I suppose I could have posted a link to the cpu benchmark charts on tomshardware, for example, but unless you know what you're looking at they're maybe not so helpful.

I was only thinking about this thread yesterday. Great minds alike and all that ;-)

Sadly not, my kitchen windows have decided to rot and fall out and my car insurance has gone up by 25% so the laptop is on hold at the mo. Let's see what Santa brings.

Unlucky Hucknall, sometimes life breaks in like that. Still, not too long to wait for Santa (or maybe the post-Santa sales.....):)

Lost the argument with this one.

Me to wife - why do u want new windows? To feel warm and safe, she said.

Wife to me - why do u want a new laptop? To play football manager, I said.

No contest really.

Perhaps a better answer might have been,"To accurately record the details of the various quotations we will receive from numerous window manufacturers and suppliers, to calculate the differences between them, to assist with the eventual judgement of selection of product and supplier, and ongoing to digitally store the details of our fuel bills and consumption for the purposes of proving the efficacy and efficiency of instaling the new windows and doors at such time as that becomes a reality, providing a tangible return on investment figure to justify the purchase of said doors and windows, thus helping to encourage the re-birth of the "feelgood factor" which has for so long now been conspicuous by its absence in our midst as a result of the continuing effects of the global economic downturn. And when we're not doing that, I can play football manager on it."

Try it - what's the worst that could happen....? :D

Perhaps a better answer might have been,"To accurately record the details of the various quotations we will receive from numerous window manufacturers and suppliers, to calculate the differences between them, to assist with the eventual judgement of selection of product and supplier, and ongoing to digitally store the details of our fuel bills and consumption for the purposes of proving the efficacy and efficiency of instaling the new windows and doors at such time as that becomes a reality, providing a tangible return on investment figure to justify the purchase of said doors and windows, thus helping to encourage the re-birth of the "feelgood factor" which has for so long now been conspicuous by its absence in our midst as a result of the continuing effects of the global economic downturn. And when we're not doing that, I can play football manager on it."

Try it - what's the worst that could happen....? :D

Or in short, "I want one" lol

Archived