Has it finally clicked?

Day

Or have we just been lucky in the last 2 games?

For me it's confirmed what I already thought and that's we do have the players already at the club to finish at least mid table, and when you consider where those players have come from you have to give Clough alot of credit....oh and Savage for "signing" Kuqi, booooooooooo.

9 games played now and looking at the performances so far I can pick out 5 games which I think we've played very well...Leeds, Cardiff, QPR, Palace and Boro.

I'm going into if's and but's now, but...if we could of took a point against Cardiff which we deserved and the full 3 points against QPR we could of been as high as 9th!

Who would be moaning about the lack of investment and Clough had we been sitting in 9th place this morning?

I've not got my rose tinted glasses on totally, it's still early days and we have a long way to go but it's nice to see the team moving forward compared to last season with these "non-league players" and "lack of investment".

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

agree totally with you oh fearless leader.

the football has been fantastic at times, even when the results weren't comming you could see it was only a matter of time till everything clicked into place. not saying that it will continue all season but god im gonna enjoy it :)

i have kept my mouth shout the last few weeks because i got a bit wound up, Gaz has been a nightmare berating every little thing, does he not know it's grounds for divorce to have your own opinions that do not match mine :mad:

Every game is a test in the Championship, last night was a test to come back from being one down and missing a penalty, we passed with flying colours. Don't forget we have already played 2 of the top teams in this league, played well against Cardiff and were unlucky to come away with a point and we outplayed QPR for 90 minutes, we are still the only club to score against them this season.

Saturday won't be easy but we have played better teams this season.

Yes we should, lack of concentration at the end cost us badly, but having played the top 2 teams in this league we can hold our heads high and say we did a good job.

Saturday will not be easy by any stretch of the imagination, Swansea unbeaten at home, our away form is still not great but what we have now is confidence from the last 2 games.

Bring it on.

Mid table again, 12th - 14th depending on injuries and January. There are 6 better teams than us in this league, QPR, Cardiff, Burnley, Reading, Ipswich and I still think Boro will be up there in by May so I don't see the play offs as being realistic for us.

I did, and I enjoyed Saturday. It's hard listening on the radio but the atmosphere and excitment has come through in the last two games. I was holding on to my pants after the 3rd went in and Commons went off, I had visions of QPR.

Nice to be able to talk about how well we are playing and the goals rather than the board and investment issues.

I would add Forest Swansea & Watford to that 6

I wouldn't, Watford have had a good start but so have Blackpool in the Premiership, I don't see them being able to keep that kind of form up. Swansea will be up there but not top 6, they will be 6th - 10th, and Forest? pffft.

No it hasn't.

Good form is winning a handul of games on the trot or going unbeaten for a dozen games or so at least.

We have won two games at home against lowly opposition.

I'm not going to deny two great performances because they were great and have made me very happy.

But this isn't a turning point. There's still lots of work to do.

It won't suddenly click. It won't click this season but we need patience.

The recent good results are just positive signs. We are no more "clicked" than we were at Elland Road. Good and bad results will continue but I'm happy because we are playing good football.

I know what you mean !

We are playing well, but need to bring in a few to make us stronger. I was shocked when we signed no one.

Not really sure if the loan market will give us what we are looking for. The 93 day loan rule meant we could have signed players yesterday that could play until the window opens in Jan ( well untill the Derby game on the 29th ) It will be interesting to see who goes where over the next week or so.

Are Derby still after players ?

Archived