Clough questions Derby County approach

Day

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i class a 12th or above postion progression, and i do sympathyse with nigel because of the lack of funds available.

Anything above 14th is progression for me, seeing as it'll be actual progression:p

But, I don't want to go up yet, we aren't ready. Another 2 or 3 seasons and we could be in the position to consolidate in the promised land

we won't go up while the current board are in ownership of the club in my opinon.

While I am prone to outbursts in anger. With a clear head I believe the board are sensible and bring a little bit of stability to a club that has seen so much turmoil. I think all in all they are a good board. However, they do need to invest in the team as and when it's necessary. We should've stumped up for Hooper is one case in point. However, I'd rather have 2-3 years in the nPower League and go up when we are actually ready. I have faith in the management and the Board, but not the coaches

they havn't actually invested a penny though kris, they have used many of the parachute payments to subsidise this debt reduction ect, we now have a 15 million pound mortgage on pride park, that is it, they cleared the debt from 38 million according to them to 15 million, the squad lacks depth in many areas, i have faith in clough to a certain extent but not the board or the coaches

they havn't actually invested a penny though kris, they have used many of the parachute payments to subsidise this debt reduction ect, we now have a 15 million pound mortgage on pride park, that is it, they cleared the debt from 38 million according to them to 15 million, the squad lacks depth in many areas, i have faith in clough to a certain extent but not the board or the coaches

That thought has occured to me, however, most boards would waste it on average players like our previous board. The ridding of the debt is a positive step and maybe, just maybe they will be ready to invest later

That thought has occured to me, however, most boards would waste it on average players like our previous board. The ridding of the debt is a positive step and maybe, just maybe they will be ready to invest later

it is positive yes, but the board still claim they are on a debt reduction policy, now in my opinon when glcik says they are prepared to pay barker type fee's for the right players and when they don't it makes me think they are misleading the fans to renew seaosn tickets tbh, it happened at the time when seaosn tickets were being renewed, and with g.s.e being a maketing company then i wouldn't be surprised.

it is positive yes, but the board still claim they are on a debt reduction policy, now in my opinon when glcik says they are prepared to pay barker type fee's for the right players and when they don't it makes me think they are misleading the fans to renew seaosn tickets tbh, it happened at the time when seaosn tickets were being renewed, and with g.s.e being a maketing company then i wouldn't be surprised.

That could well be, but I'm having faith atm, they're a lot better than any board we've had in the last 10 years

well will you be saying that if we get relegated? i think there is a balance and i don't think g.s.e know that in all hoensty, they havn't got a clue about the game and we have only won 28 out of 109 games under their ownership

But were undertaking a rather large rebuilding project. I really can't see us getting relegated, there are far more worse teams, we have a good squad of players, but it's lacking in depth.

no because g.s.e took over just afte janurary and gadsby was in for a couple of years, well i don't know who could/should take us over i imagine there are plenty of candidates, actually we are one of the teams with a couplke of injuries we could go down, to think we couldn't is an overestimate of ou team

Archived