Beckham rules out England management role

Day

David Beckham has ruled out managing England in the future while stating his ambition to play in the London 2012 Olympics and the 2014 World Cup.

Beckham, 35, was an unofficial member of manager Fabio Capello's staff at the World Cup in South Africa after injury ruled him out of the tournament.

"It is not a passion of mine to be a manager and I don't see me doing that in the future," said the midfielder.

Beckham also said the players were to blame for England's poor World Cup.

England were beaten 4-1 by Germany in the last 16 and were disappointing throughout the tournament.

Capello came under huge criticism following their exit but Beckham has defended the Italian.

"He [Capello] did everything that he could have done," Beckham told a Yahoo webchat.

"He prepared us right. He worked the players to the right amount and he set everything up for the players, but obviously the players know it was disappointing.

"We didn't perform and as players you know that - you know when you don't perform, you know when you don't play well.

"The manager can do so much and then it's down to the players. The players go on to the pitch and they know if they don't perform they don't win games.

Read More & Watch Interview

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8821858.stm

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived