Man City set sights on Villa

Day

Valencia have confirmed that they have held talks with Manchester City over a possible move for star striker David Villa.

Los Che's major financial concerns have led them to admit that they may be forced to part with their most valuable assets in a bid to ease their troubles.

Spain international Villa signed a six-year contract with Valencia in August which ties him to the club until 2014.

But the Primera Liga outfit have now held initial discussions with City over a big-money move for the 27-year-old, although the Eastlands outfit baulked at the initial valuation.

Despite the financial backing of the Abu Dhabi United Group and their failed £100million bid for Kaka still fresh in the memory, the Premier League club apparently do not want to pay over the odds.

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5040555,00.html]http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5040555,00.html

Kaka, Messi, Villa who next? I'm surprised they didnt try and lure Beckham away from AC Milan.

You have to feel sorry for Mark Hughes, it's obvious the owners are setting the transfer targets for shirt sales not for footballing reasons.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Liverpool will just think "f*ck it" and offer big money for Villa. Considering the appalling flop that Robbie Keane was. He seems to me a player almost certain to work well alongside Torres, as well as speak Spanish like half of Liverpool's current team.

After the Kaka saga, where City offered to increase his wages, they failed at this. It shows that it's not about money, this club needs to make more of a name of its own first. It's an obvious name hunt and not a player hunt. I feel sorry for Hughes. He'll either quit in the next year or be sacked.

City will want a manager with a name, like Mourinho if they can prize him away from Inter perhaps.

I think it all depends on if Hicks sells the club as I dont see the current owners funding any major signings, the fee will be a ridculous £60m+ as Man City are involved.

I'd be very very surprised if Rafa didnt want to bid for him, I'm sure if Liverpool could offer him a decent wage he would prefer to go there and play alongside Torres.

Archived