Jim Magilton suspended by QPR

Day

QPR have suspended manager Jim Magilton with immediate effect, pending an internal investigation.

The 40-year-old's suspension relates to an incident on Monday at Vicarage Road, where QPR lost 3-1 to Watford.

After the match, Magilton admitted he had a "difference of opinion" with midfielder Akos Buzsaky but he has categorically denied any wrong-doing.

QPR have won just one game in seven and the loss to Watford followed a 5-1 home defeat by Middlesbrough on Saturday.

Magilton issued a statement through the League Managers' Association on Wednesday afternoon, saying he would co-operate with any club investigation and hoped to be back in charge soon.

"While passions can run high in football, especially after a poor performance, I categorically deny any allegation of wrongdoing following Monday's fixture," he said.

"I understand that the club has initiated an internal investigation, with which I will co-operate fully.

"This is an unfortunate situation and I look forward to resuming my responsibilities shortly."

Following a statement about Magilton on Wednesday, the club issued a second statement later on their official website , denying reports that Buzsaky had handed in a transfer request.

"It is not true at all," the Hungarian international is quoted as saying.

"I am entirely focused on our next fixture against West Bromwich Albion on Monday night.

Article Continues....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/8403668.stm

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived