Simon Jordan has "a cash flow problem"

Day

Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock has confirmed to BBC London 94.9 that wage payments to players, staff and management are set to be delayed.

An emergency meeting was called following Saturday's 3-0 win against Watford to break the news to the squad.

Warnock said: "I spoke to the chairman [simon Jordan] last week. I explained the situation to the players; I think they were very positive.

"The chairman said he's got [a cash flow problem] for about 10 days."

He added: "I probably should have the biggest worry because footballers are always protected by the Professional Footballers Association.

"But it's not like that - Simon's doing his best. Obviously the cash flow is a problem. But we've got another home game next Saturday, and you've got to accept in the modern day that these things happen.

Article Continues...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crystal_palace/8386709.stm

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Watford to !

I have just read on Sky sports that if they don't get £5.5m by 22nd Dec they will be forced in to administration. Can Elton John really just sit there and watch this happen when this would be a drop in the ocean to his bank account? It's all well and good him doing a concert and insisting it's spent on players but the reality is the money is needed NOW and not next June. I'm sure if any of us Supporters had his funds we would not hesitate to loan the club what it needs to stay afloat.

I'm not a fan of Simon Jordan.

Some may dislike this but I kind of like Neil Warnock. He seems a down-to-earth bloke who knows what he's talking about. He seems articulate and sensible but not arrogant. He acts like massive knob on the sidelines but I think this is because he has a real passion for the game.

On SSN he seemed pretty blase about not getting wages. He obviously isn't too worried and wants to keep at it professionally. Decent bloke and fair play to him.

Many players would run if they were worried they couldn't get their pay packets.

I'm not a fan of Simon Jordan.

Some may dislike this but I kind of like Neil Warnock. He seems a down-to-earth bloke who knows what he's talking about. He seems articulate and sensible but not arrogant. He acts like massive knob on the sidelines but I think this is because he has a real passion for the game.

On SSN he seemed pretty blase about not getting wages. He obviously isn't too worried and wants to keep at it professionally. Decent bloke and fair play to him.

Many players would run if they were worried they couldn't get their pay packets.

I also sort of like Warnock and Ian Holloway.

Mainly because they seem honest people.

Archived