Commons, Porter, Davies , Buxton and Barnes Update

Day

DERBY County hope Kris Commons can return to action next week despite suffering a setback as he recovers from hamstring trouble.

Commons' injury-hit season has seen him make only five starts and the Scottish international forward has missed the last five matches.

He has been working his way back to fitness but is now troubled by tight calf muscles.

"Kris Commons broke down last week with sore calves when he was doing one-on-one work with Johnny Metgod. He might train at the end of the week," said manager Nigel Clough.

Derby have pencilled Commons in for the reserve-team game against West Bromwich Albion at Alfreton Town's Impact Arena next Wednesday afternoon.

Clough also hopes to involve Chris Porter, Steve Davies and Jake Buxton.

"We could have a hell of a reserve side out there," said Clough.

Porter warmed up with the first team before Saturday's home victory over Reading.

The striker, Clough's first signing as Rams manager, has not played in a competitive match since March because of a hip injury that required surgery.

An ankle problem has kept Davies out since the home win against Plymouth Argyle at the end of August.

"Steve Davies had a good week at Lilleshall and, hopefully, he will join in training at the end of the week," said Clough.

"We've got him pencilled in for the Reserve game, Jake Buxton as well."

Buxton started the first six games before he underwent a hernia operation and then picked up a groin injury.

Giles Barnes is still recovering from a ruptured Achilles' tendon.

The 21-year-old attacking midfielder had surgery in August after being injured in the final pre-season friendly against Stoke City.

"Giles is probably the furthest away of the injured players," said Clough.

"It will probably be a couple of weeks before he is doing intensive ball work."

Barnes has been plagued by serious injuries since the Championship play-off final in May 2007. He has also had a broken foot and a knee injury.

He has made only 29 senior appearances in the past two and a half years and had a loan spell at Fulham last season but did not make their first team.

His contract is up in the summer.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/football/Commons-getting-closer-Rams-return/article-1561646-detail/article.html

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the track record of Davies,Barnes and Commons i can see these being released/sold on. I Think Porter will be a replacement for Hulse.

Addison according to rumours has had a big bust up with Clough and i think one of them will go.

Buxton is a cheap option back up that has done a job when called on.

In the current trend at DCFC he would fit in better than a good player on a fair wedge that is challenging for a place.

cant we have a public execution?

i would love to look into commons eyes as he takes his last breath!

i would admittedly torture the dirty red dog jock first!

the sooner the greedy sick note does 1 the better for the squad!

once a tree always a tree!:mad:

cant we have a public execution?

i would love to look into commons eyes as he takes his last breath!

i would admittedly torture the dirty red dog jock first!

the sooner the greedy sick note does 1 the better for the squad!

once a tree always a tree!:mad:

u have strong opinions on him then??? lol

trigs fave player of all time :rolleyes:

not quite!

trig use to sit in the c stand at the bbg and on one occasion was giving heaps of grief to paul simpson for being a complete and utter puff,

i was shouting that he ought to be sponsored by tampax, as he was playing like a right bleeding cnut,

i got a tap on the shoulder at full time by his mrs!!!

who AGGREED with me!

not quite!

trig use to sit in the c stand at the bbg and on one occasion was giving heaps of grief to paul simpson for being a complete and utter puff,

i was shouting that he ought to be sponsored by tampax, as he was playing like a right bleeding cnut,

who AGGREED with me!

hahaha quality

not quite!

who AGGREED with me!

quality, ive made his son cry, and she stood up for me when my dad went to tell me off

Archived