Elvaston Castle / Park

Tony Le Mesmer

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Thinking of going here for the day / afternoon when me and the family drive down to Derby for the Brentford game then heading straight to the Wyvern. Is it ok? Anything in particular to see or do? Just thought i'd get locals opinions on the place as I've only just heard about it.

Its quite nice. 

Have been a couple of times, OK for a wander round, an ice cream etc. I would personally save it for summer months.

15 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Thinking of going here for the day / afternoon when me and the family drive down to Derby for the Brentford game then heading straight to the Wyvern. Is it ok? Anything in particular to see or do? Just thought i'd get locals opinions on the place as I've only just heard about it.

Obviously most outdoors will be weather reliant, if it was me and I was going to go somewhere outdoors if the weather is ok, and go with the family (assuming they are children?) i'd be tempted to head for Mercia Marina, its not far away just up the A50, there are canal walks and if you go into the info centre (or download them online) they have a leaflet with walks in and activities suited to kids. Pack some wellies then when you have done head for the boardwalk, the pub is nice and if you get some early autumn sunshine you are in a suntrap if you sit outside and it is really nice looking over the water, a few shops to mooch around too.

http://www.merciamarina.co.uk/

Archived