Download Festival 2016

eddie

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Yeah it was 81, funny you mention Motörhead seem to be touring with believe it or not the same line up of one of my first ever gigs as a schoolboy. Saxon and Girlschool doing rounds with them next year, only missing Angelwitch from a line up I saw at Stafford Bingley Hall, around same year I think.

Somehow managed to avoid the mayhem that ensued in a drunk, drug crazed crowd, though the passive smoking nearly did for me. Reeked of it on my clothes, the old man was almost convinced I'd been up to no good and nearly thrashed me.

Sorry. My bad.

31 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Lol, funny you should say that, being as you share the same name as my old man :unsure:

What, Abdul?

I only post as 'Eddie' to avoid confrontation.

21 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Yeah it was 81, funny you mention Motörhead seem to be touring with believe it or not the same line up of one of my first ever gigs as a schoolboy. Saxon and Girlschool doing rounds with them next year, only missing Angelwitch from a line up I saw at Stafford Bingley Hall, around same year I think.

Somehow managed to avoid the mayhem that ensued in a drunk, drug crazed crowd, though the passive smoking nearly did for me. Reeked of it on my clothes, the old man was almost convinced I'd been up to no good and nearly thrashed me.

Ahh Angelwitch, terrific band. Their self titled album still gets played today.

Saxon were loud back in the day, really loud. Strong Arm tour made my ears ring for days. Support from Cheetah, They got a lad up on stage and did things with him (or simulated things anyway) if I remember rightly. Was it any of you guys? Always wanted to know what he thought about it. 

27 minutes ago, rezner said:

Ahh Angelwitch, terrific band. Their self titled album still gets played today.

Saxon were loud back in the day, really loud. Strong Arm tour made my ears ring for days. Support from Cheetah, They got a lad up on stage and did things with him (or simulated things anyway) if I remember rightly. Was it any of you guys? Always wanted to know what he thought about it. 

Hey rezner, wonder what they look like now ;):D

Archived