Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

Bridcutt, Shackell, MyStErY wide player and either Wisdom on loan (Maybe not as he might be backup to Clyne as they are considering cancelling the loan of Manquillo. Definitely not permanent as he signed a new contract this summer) or DeAndre Yedlin (Spurs are looking to loan him out but apparently Norwich are interested which may be a problem) would add up to having a really strong, big squad which really should win us Promotion.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 goals in 15 games isn't that bad. I just don't see the point in splashing cash on another striker when we have two target men in Bent and Martin plus Weimann and Russell.

It's not a bad return, but Bent isn't much of a target man

10 goals in 15 games isn't that bad. I just don't see the point in splashing cash on another striker when we have two target men in Bent and Martin plus Weimann and Russell.

Not bad? It's fantastic. But like the other guy said, Bent isn't a target man and I'd like a target man so we don't have to abandon our style if Martins out

Bent is not, in any way, shape or form, a target man. Don't even argue the point, it's ridiculous. He's no more a target man than Ryan Shotton is a jinky winger.

Even so, I still believe buying another striker is unnecessary. Spend the cash we have on the players we need, then go after players who would be nice to have/good to have "just in case".

I know what you're saying but there's plenty on here that think Bent is a "nice to have" player rather than being essential. Though I think the midfield should have done better in playing to Bents strengths at times, we massively missed Martin when he was out. When we are so dependent on a target man only having one is going back to the not so distant past of only having one left back and hoping for the best. Sounds mad considering the investment they're putting in but I do think we could do with a second target man who's happy to be a bit part player

Bent wasn't an "essential player to get", but he was on a free. If we go and get a striker for free then grand, but I'm against forking out millions on another striker before we get the players we really need.

Every player costs money

I like a preseason guessing game but this is a tricky one.

Two names to chuck in the mix:

Jordan Obita: plays fullback mostly but very attacking. Very highly rated so could justify the big price. Maybe?

Harry Bunn: thought he looked good for Huddersfield last year, not convinced he's 4-6m good though...

As you were.

Bent wasn't an "essential player to get", but he was on a free. If we go and get a striker for free then grand, but I'm against forking out millions on another striker before we get the players we really need.

So am I. Why would we have to spend millions to get another target man who's happy to play second fiddle to Martin? 

Archived