Jonny Metgod factor

hope60

What do we fans hope to see different from last season now we have brought in Metgod as a club coach.

From a personal point of view, better ball possession would help.Let's face it, if the Rams have the ball the opponents cannot score.

Yes, that's what Mr Clough Snr used to say, but it is a fact, and it is the basis of Dutch football.

My hope personally for this season is ENTERTAINMENT....

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Passing the ball to feet along the grass. It's what the grass is there for, for the ball to smoothly move on. Pass the ball and keep it on the ground, the air is ugly, bad for the neck and useless unless you have three or four huge men in the team. Also, keeping as much possession as possible and creating chances. Use the wide men more too. No overlapping fullbacks.

I just want us to win more games this season even if it means scrapping out 1-0 wins. Everyone wants entertaining football, show me a fan who doesnt. I just think it's impossible to play entertaining football week in week out and pick up the points in the Championship.

Originally posted by David;25077

I just want us to win more games this season even if it means scrapping out 1-0 wins. Everyone wants entertaining football, show me a fan who doesnt. I just think it's impossible to play entertaining football week in week out and pick up the points in the Championship.

Well some teams can play ugly football and build a successful streak in the CCC, like Billy. Though I think it's possible to get promoted and play entertaining football in this division.

-------------------Bywater-------------------

Connolly-------Addison-Barker--McEveley(urgh)

-------------------Savage--------------------

Croft--------------Randall--------------Davies

|

|

|

>

->>>>>>>>---------Commons-----<<<<<<<<--

-----------------Hulse-----------------------

I want to see the wingers used more, running forward and delivering crosses to Hulse from the edges of the penalty area.

Theres a big space between Randall and Commons, think we need a man in there to close up the space.

On a serious note I don't think we will see Cloughies preferred tactics and line up until October time, he will have an idea of what he wants although it will need fine tuning once we have faced tougher opposition.

Archived