Hiddink set for Blues role

M.M

Guus Hiddink has confirmed that he expects to be in charge of Chelsea by the start of next week.

Chelsea were quick to make their move for Hiddink after sacking Luiz Felipe Scolari on Monday.

Hiddink is close to Blues owner Roman Abramovich, who helps finance his role with Russia.

Now Abramovich has turned to Hddink to take Chelsea through to the end of the season.

"It's to help out a friend. Abramovich is doing so much for Russian football and I want to do something back," Hiddink told Dutch Radio station 538

Thoughts?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can see the Russia connection, not sure if its the best move to be honest as its only till the end of the season. I would of thought it would of been better to get a man in that would be in for the long haul, unless he plans to tempt him to stay whilst he's here.

Also does Hiddink speak the lingo?

Yeah he is, maybe he taught McClaren how to speak Dutch so he returned the favour lol.

I just don't see the point in sacking Big Phil and replacing him with a temp manager, its not as if they couldnt of finished 2nd, maybe 2nd place is just not good enough for Abramovich.

Archived