Posh/Rams fan from Long Eaton

Crun

I have just joined today. As you might guess I was a Rams fan before I became a Posh fan three seasons ago. I have lived in Peterborough since 1985. I lived in Long Eaton from 1960 to 1969. I last watched Derby in 1977 at Coventry when I was living in Birmingham. I have my ticket for the first game of the season at Pride Park. What is the seating like for visiting fans? Will I be allowed to bring in a flag?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome along,

Away fan seating is pretty good to the left of the goal to the corner flag in the South Stand. What size flag are you thinking of taking? I'm sure flags that you can easily carry are allowed through I could be corrected on that mind you.

How did you get converted to the Posh? I've moved from Derby as well, not sure I could ever be converted fully to another club although I follow the score for Grimsby and thats about it.

What do you think Peterboroughs chances of staying up are or are you aiming a little higher?

Originally posted by David;24008

Welcome along,

Away fan seating is pretty good to the left of the goal to the corner flag in the South Stand. What size flag are you thinking of taking? I'm sure flags that you can easily carry are allowed through I could be corrected on that mind you.

How did you get converted to the Posh? I've moved from Derby as well, not sure I could ever be converted fully to another club although I follow the score for Grimsby and thats about it.

What do you think Peterboroughs chances of staying up are or are you aiming a little higher?

Thanks for the seating info.

5ft x 3ft flag. What about flag sticks?

I went along with my daughter as she had a freebie ticket via school. I had forgotten how good live football was and became hooked. I even started playing myself for a Posh fans team! Then I joined a group who made and waved flags, banners and surfers.

Not sure I am 100% Posh yet. I hope Derby do well as well as Posh!

I predicted top half months ago...

I wouldn't of thought there would be a problem with that size although I could be spouting crap so you'd be better of emailing the club to get a definate yes.

Have you made any signings yet? to be honest I've not really looked at other clubs signings apart from Florists?

Could Fergie be tempted by a move to the Prem if a offer came his way during the season or do you think he'l see the season through with you guys?

Finally It'd be rude not to, whats your prediction for Derby v Peterborough first game of the season?

i dont think i could change teams, but tobe fair the local team where i live is chelmford city, its not even a bloomin city and they play southern league confrence or somrthing like that, but even if they were prem im a ram for ever!

no a couple of posh fans myself there a good bunch of lads

Originally posted by David;24014

I wouldn't of thought there would be a problem with that size although I could be spouting crap so you'd be better of emailing the club to get a definate yes.

Have you made any signings yet? to be honest I've not really looked at other clubs signings apart from Florists?

Could Fergie be tempted by a move to the Prem if a offer came his way during the season or do you think he'l see the season through with you guys?

Finally It'd be rude not to, whats your prediction for Derby v Peterborough first game of the season?

Thanks I'll try and make contact with someone at Pride Park. I have only seen it from the outside on a trip with work. Impressive looking.

Frecklington from Lincoln, Diagouraga from Hereford, Rowe from Stockport.

Posh chairman has said he'd only listen to offers from Premier League teams for Darren Ferguson. He has signed a four year contract which calmed Posh fan's nerves.

Hmm, 1 all, he said diplomatically. I see Derby have a few injury worries at present. A number of Posh players caught flu out in Marbella during a training week. Whelpdale, a winger, has had a hernia operation and will miss a few early games. Craig Mackail-Smith, striker, has a niggle which has kept him out of yesterday's friendly v Villa.

Originally posted by BARRman;24015

i dont think i could change teams, but tobe fair the local team where i live is chelmford city, its not even a bloomin city and they play southern league confrence or somrthing like that, but even if they were prem im a ram for ever!

no a couple of posh fans myself there a good bunch of lads

A friendly bunch who can't believe what has happened to their club over the last two seasons.

Archived