Stand up for the 56

trooper

Yesterday morning me a a few lads decided that if the Hillsboro disaster is remembered why isn't the Bradford disaster?

So we decided on 56 minutes that we will stand up and chant "stand up for the 56"

We sent a few tweets round and even had Bradford themselfs tweet about it somewhere ...

Martin scores on 55.42 minutes!!

But still on 58 mins we decided we wre going to do it ..

The whole ground joined in!! Well done to everyone who joined in standing/clapping/singing. Bradford fans appreciated it!

We aren't a bad bunch of fans are we

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday morning me a a few lads decided that if the Hillsboro disaster is remembered why isn't the Bradford disaster?

So we decided on 56 minutes that we will stand up and chant "stand up for the 56"

We sent a few tweets round and even had Bradford themselfs tweet about it somewhere ...

Martin scores on 55.42 minutes!!

But still on 58 mins we decided we wre going to do it ..

The whole ground joined in!! Well done to everyone who joined in standing/clapping/singing. Bradford fans appreciated it!

We aren't a bad bunch of fans are we

It was a marvelous gesture .

I'd just like to say a massive thankyou to Derby county fc and their fans. It was a superb and really touching gesture and one that did not go un-noticed. The fact that it was done off your own backs really shows class.

We don't ask the fa to show us any sympothy, hence the reason no min silences were observed. Aslo as you probably know, if your not at the top, you don't exist (according to the fa anyway).

Some of the so called massive clubs should take note. I really hope you win promotion and I and probably the whole of Bradford will be cheering you on. Proper football club, proper fans.

I'd just like to say a massive thankyou to Derby county fc and their fans. It was a superb and really touching gesture and one that did not go un-noticed. The fact that it was done off your own backs really shows class.We don't ask the fa to show us any sympothy, hence the reason no min silences were observed. Aslo as you probably know, if your not at the top, you don't exist (according to the fa anyway).Some of the so called massive clubs should take note. I really hope you win promotion and I and probably the whole of Bradford will be cheering you on. Proper football club, proper fans.

Just out of interest what would the reaction from Bradford be if minutes silences were suggested?

Do the club like to leave it in the past so to speak rather than be reminded every year?

If the Fa wanted to hold a min silence that's fine but we'll never ask them to do it.

To be completely honest im annoyed with Liverpool fc, not a thing was mentioned or done by the club despite the measures we all take to ensure the tragedy they endured is remembered.

You held a superb minute's applause despite it being a play off semi final, just after scoring, a Man city fans held a sign with the words 'rip the 56, we never forget'. Leyton orient took it on their own back to contact the fa and hold a min silence. These are the gestures that we remember. Not because you and they were asked/made to do it but because you wanted to do it.

I think it's disappointing that Liverpool didn't acknowlege you Bradford and feel you have every right to be annoyed.

But let me say the HSG (Hillsborough Support Group) tweeted their condolencies to you, and I retweeted it.

RIP the 56.

If the Fa wanted to hold a min silence that's fine but we'll never ask them to do it.To be completely honest im annoyed with Liverpool fc, not a thing was mentioned or done by the club despite the measures we all take to ensure the tragedy they endured is remembered.You held a superb minute's applause despite it being a play off semi final, just after scoring, a Man city fans held a sign with the words 'rip the 56, we never forget'. Leyton orient took it on their own back to contact the fa and hold a min silence. These are the gestures that we remember. Not because you and they were asked/made to do it but because you wanted to do it.

No point being annoyed with Liverpool, self indulgence is all that matters to them.

As for The FA...well at least their initials correct F**king Assholes!

Archived