Price wants out

Day

Lewis Price admits his prospects at Derby County look bleak.

The 23-year-old has made only nine first-team appearances since signing from Ipswich Town two years ago.

He has found himself behind Stephen Bywater and Roy Carroll for much of his time at Derby and has been out on loan at MK Dons and Luton Town in his search for games.

Now he is out on loan again, this time on a season-long stay at League One club Brentford.

Price, who has a year left on his contract, hopes playing for Brentford can help put his career back on track.

“My prospects at Derby look bleak, to be honest,” said the Welsh international.

"I was going to be the number two this season but I’m just fed up of not playing now.

"I don’t want to sit on the bench watching, I want to be out there playing.

“Hopefully, this loan can put me in the shop window.”

Price’s appearances for the Rams came in the Premiership and FA Cup.

Bywater suffered a shoulder injury in the draw against Newcastle United at St James’ Park shortly before Christmas 2007 and manager Paul Jewell turned to Price.

His debut was in the home defeat by Liverpool on Boxing Day when Steven Gerrard scored a 90th-minute winner for the Reds and his last game was in the 1-1 draw with Manchester City at Pride Park Stadium in January 2008.

Jewell brought in the experienced Carroll, leaving Price back on the bench as number two.

“I signed for Derby when they got promoted and played a few games in the Premiership,” said Price.

"But I ended up going on loan last season. This is a chance to get my career going again.

"I was doing all right before when I was playing but as soon as you stop playing, people stop paying attention.

“I haven’t been able to play for my country because I haven’t been playing, so hopefully this will help me out.”

[url=http://therams.co.uk/stories/prospects-at-rams-bleak-so-price-is-keen-to-grab-the-limelight]http://therams.co.uk/stories/prospects-at-...b-the-limelight

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't blame him really - must be so boring sitting on the bench game after game waiting and hoping - let's just hope Carroll's not going to be no 2 - cos he is one ! i noticed he wasn't at Chesterfield yesterday - and nor was Jordan Stewart.

Archived