Name that team

HeyHudson

Been trying to remember my first Derby match, and for the life of me I can't recall who it was against. I was only a wee young lad so my memory wasn't too great.

It was sometime in the early/mid 1980's against a team playing in yellow (perhaps orange) who had "Kalamazoo" as their shirt sponsor.

A quick Google reveals Kalamazoo was a computer company based in Birmingham (who have since been bought by another company).

Anyone remember a team playing in yellow/orange in the 80's sponsored by Kalamazoo?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Google says that Kalamazoo sponsored Port Vale in 1990?

Ah yes, perhaps it was slightly later than I thought it was.

Looks like it could've been our match against them in 1992 when we won 3-1. Presumably they were playing in their 3rd kit (yellow one) as their home was white and their away was a light/stonewash blue thing so neither would've been contrasting enough.

Mystery solved, many thanks :)

It was sometime in the early/mid 1980's against a team playing in yellow (perhaps orange) who had "Kalamazoo" as their shirt sponsor.

Looks like it could've been our match against them in 1992 when we won 3-1.

Mystery solved, many thanks :)

And the added bit of great news is that you're ten years younger than you thought you were!

Not that anyone cares but my first game was home to Millwall around 1990, won 2-0 two Mick Harford headers I recall.

One of my memories of that game was Shilton keeping himself warm by jogging and stretching around the peno box.  He must've had a quiet game that day.  :)

My overriding memory of my first game (Port Vale, it would seem) was being terrified the stand was going to collapse when everyone was stamping their feet demanding one of the Vale players be sent off. The whole place was shaking!

Archived