Man City in Adebayor talks

Day

Sky Sources understand Manchester City are in talks with Arsenal over the possible signing of striker Emmanuel Adebayor.

Adebayor has been linked with a move away from Arsenal this summer, with a number of European clubs said to be interested in his services.

But the Togo international's future looked to be settled after his agent recently stated he would be staying at Emirates Stadium.

However, it is understood discussions are being held between affluent club City and their Premier League rivals Arsenal over a deal.

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5430969,00.html]http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5430969,00.html

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tevez is meant to be joining this week as well.

Robinho, Tevez, Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Benjani, Bojinov, Caicedo, Evans, Jo (on loan to Everton)

Seems like they are spending for the sake of spending now.

Other than Santa Cruz I don't think the latest signings are Hughes's, they are being made by his Arab puppeteers. He'l be out of a job as well by Christmas, needs to have some balls and walk now like Curbishley did.

It looks very much like Emmanuel Adebayor’s three-and-a-half year spell with Arsenal is coming to a close. After Sky broke news of interest from Manchester City yesterday, reports in the last hour indicate that a £25m fee may have been agreed, and The Daily Mail have gone as far as to suggest Adebayor underwent a medical this morning.

I’m hesitant to say that a deal has been struck - City are unveiling Carlos Tevez at 2pm and we may learn more then - but I would now be surprised if an accord can’t be reached in the next few days. It’s a deal that suits all parties:

• City land an established Premier League name and goalscorer
  • Arsenal sell at a good price
  • Adebayor saves face by joining the City ‘project’ and earning an exorbitant wage

It’s been clear for some time that Arsene is willing to let Adebayor go. The manager has never been one to keep a disenchanted player around, and would also be keen to utilise the funds Adebayor’s sale would provide to strengthen elsewhere.

Man City have confirmed they are in talks with Adebayor.

Thought I'd take a look at some of the Man City forums this morning and see what they were saying, found it quite ammusing reading alot of Man City fans not happy with signing Adebayor, if they were told 2 seasons ago they would be signing Adebayor they would of creamed their pants.

bellamy benjani and bojinov will be gone now then lol who is sparky gonna start though??? santa cruz? tevez (who only went there to get regular 1st team football)? robinho? adebayour? too many big names dummies out the pram time on match days if they don't start me thinks

Man City fans were saying Santa Cruz and Adebayor upfront with Tevez on the right wing, no mention of Robinho, probably forgot they had him. I hope Hughes doesnt go with that and keeps SWP on the right wing, a decent season for him would be good for England and the World Cup.

Archived