George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two year gap between the posh and watford loans. Not sure what point you are trying to make?

What point are you trying to make.

Would he have been a first team regular at Albion.

Don't think the point applies now though as he's coming to Derby .

MR has said repeatedly that what he says can\will change as he's hearing it third hand, whenever it changes he updates. Do all of your ITKs get it spot on first time with no misinformation ever? So what's your point?I've already replied regards your bogus match fitness claim. If you're ignoring GTs own comments regards his move in preference to your own baseless claims then you're just plain daft sir.

Dear oh dear

Not posted for about 200 or so pages(!) so I thought I'd make an appearance, as I have had plenty of time to reflect on the situation and have come to the following conclusion....

My gut feeling now is that he will be your player by the time the transfer window closes. Our biggest chance of him changing his mind and knuckling down would have been after meeting Irvine and hearing his plans. If Irvine had been successful in convincing him to stay, I am sure there would have been a statement from one, or all of, Irvine, WBAFC, or Thorne himself.

The delay will simply be down to Peace trying to extract as much money out of your chairman as possible. After the Odemwingie saga, and all of the other problems we have had over the last 12 months with so called 'bad apples' in the camp, I cannot imagine for a minute that if Thorne is THAT unhappy that we will force him to stay. There is a long time to go before the transfer window closes, so at this point there is no need or pressure on Peace to accept anything other than top dollar for Thorne, especially as he will know that he is you main summer target. Likewise, I your chairman will at the moment feel under little pressure to offer top dollar for a player who effectively is of not much use to us. The longer time goes on, the more likely one of them is to give in to the others demands. The other possible reason for the silence at the moment, is maybe our Chairman is touting Thorne around other clubs in an effort to start a bidding war / scare Derby into paying up just to get the deal done before another club comes in.

No one knows for sure whats going on, but as far as I am concerned you should all relax as I'm pretty sure that a deal WILL be done.

With regards to this monstrosity of a thread....wow!

I have never seen anything like it - so many grown men, getting so excited for such a period of time over a player who outside of West Bromwich and Derby, is probably unheard of! The comments I have read on here about how people are addicted to the thread, how its taking over their lives, people pulling over mid journey to check the thread, numerous people detailing how they are going to make a mess in their pants if / when he signs etc etc are both hilarious and almost unbelievable. On one hand I guess I could make a point of how sad it sounds, and that you all really ought to get out more BUT there is one thing that is in abundance on this thread and that is passion, passion & more passion for the club that you love. Fair play to you all - proper fans.

Irrespective of how the Thorne saga pans out, I sincerely wish you all the best for next season.

Boing Boing

Not posted for about 200 or so pages(!) so I thought I'd make an appearance, as I have had plenty of time to reflect on the situation and have come to the following conclusion....

My gut feeling now is that he will be your player by the time the transfer window closes. Our biggest chance of him changing his mind and knuckling down would have been after meeting Irvine and hearing his plans. If Irvine had been successful in convincing him to stay, I am sure there would have been a statement from one, or all of, Irvine, WBAFC, or Thorne himself.

The delay will simply be down to Peace trying to extract as much money out of your chairman as possible. After the Odemwingie saga, and all of the other problems we have had over the last 12 months with so called 'bad apples' in the camp, I cannot imagine for a minute that if Thorne is THAT unhappy that we will force him to stay. There is a long time to go before the transfer window closes, so at this point there is no need or pressure on Peace to accept anything other than top dollar for Thorne, especially as he will know that he is you main summer target. Likewise, I your chairman will at the moment feel under little pressure to offer top dollar for a player who effectively is of not much use to us. The longer time goes on, the more likely one of them is to give in to the others demands. The other possible reason for the silence at the moment, is maybe our Chairman is touting Thorne around other clubs in an effort to start a bidding war / scare Derby into paying up just to get the deal done before another club comes in.

No one knows for sure whats going on, but as far as I am concerned you should all relax as I'm pretty sure that a deal WILL be done.

With regards to this monstrosity of a thread....wow!

I have never seen anything like it - so many grown men, getting so excited for such a period of time over a player who outside of West Bromwich and Derby, is probably unheard of! The comments I have read on here about how people are addicted to the thread, how its taking over their lives, people pulling over mid journey to check the thread, numerous people detailing how they are going to make a mess in their pants if / when he signs etc etc are both hilarious and almost unbelievable. On one hand I guess I could make a point of how sad it sounds, and that you all really ought to get out more BUT there is one thing that is in abundance on this thread and that is passion, passion & more passion for the club that you love. Fair play to you all - proper fans.

Irrespective of how the Thorne saga pans out, I sincerely wish you all the best for next season.

Boing Boing

Much man love

:-)

He also claimed to have signed his new contract under duress so I'd take what he says with a pinch of salt

Maybe taking what your own players say with a pinch of salt is what got your club in this situation in the first place? Maybe your management issues over the last 12 months hasn't helped with some of your players becoming disillusioned? My point is that a lot of the blame for this situation from your fans is being heaped on GT and DCFC, what about WBA?

If he stays and proves he's the best person for his position then I see no reason why he shouldnt

Not a very convincing answer .

He will be a regular in the Championship for us because it's a lower standard of Footy than the Premier League.

If we got promoted who knows how Thorne would play in the Prem ?

That's why a fee of 2-3 Million is a lot of money and is a gamble .

Archived