Mark Randall - Arsenal

vicky-27

Derby County boss Nigel Clough is chasing Arsenal midfielder Mark Randall.

The Mirror says Clough has asked Arsene Wenger to let him have the 19-year-old on a season-long loan to help his development and give the Rams a Premier prospect for nothing.

Randall was unable to push on for a place in the Gunners side last season.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooow yes please - that would be good.

A bit of info on Mark

After playing in much of Arsenal's pre-season campaign for 2008-09, Randall made his European debut in Arsenal's UEFA Champions League third qualifying round match away to FC Twente on 13 August 2008, coming on as a substitute for Theo Walcott in the 84th minute.[12] He also played the full 90 minutes in Arsenal's 6-0 League Cup third round victory over Sheffield United on September 23, 2008 where he set up Arsenal's fifth goal, scored by Jack Wilshere and in the 3-0 win over Wigan as well as starting in the defeat to Burnley FC at the quarter final stage.[13][14] He made UEFA champions league debut on the 10th of December 2008 in the 2-0 defeat to FC Porto replacing Alexandre Song.[15] Following the loan move of Gavin Hoyte to Watford in January, Mark was appointed captain of the reserves until his return.

Meant to be quite a prospect Randall, if true I can't see no reason why the deal wouldn't go through just wish it wasn't written in the Mirror. The lad has no chance of getting near the Arsenal first team last season, I'm sure Wenger will see the benefits of a full season of Championship football.

Starting to sound promising, get a bid in Cloughie it's easy - click on Arsenal, select reserve team, scroll down to Randall and click on his name, click make an offer, adjust it to loan, tick can play in cup games, select a percentage of his wages the board are comfortable paying and click submit.

Originally posted by David;22189

Starting to sound promising, get a bid in Cloughie it's easy - click on Arsenal, select reserve team, scroll down to Randall and click on his name, click make an offer, adjust it to loan, tick can play in cup games, select a percentage of his wages the board are comfortable paying and click submit.

its so easy why do they mess around so much?

I wish life were more like PES. You start a Master League campaign, within days you'll be signing Lionel Messi.

I Toldz You We ShOUld SIgn Mark Randall Good Prospect Could Sort Out All Our Problems Him And Barnes Would Go Together Like Mr T And Gold Chains.

lol my fifa team i s awesome in my 4 th season atm and my whole team is quality signed loads of youth players through scouting which have all turned out to be mint and i brought messi and nani last night too messi was a bit pricy though £90mil nani was only £15m

PES Master League is going slowly but steady. I started with the default players and barely enough money to pay for salaries. In the first season you have to scrape a few wins so you can pay your salaries and buy a couple of half decent players. You have to progress slowly and it can take two or three season to be promoted from D2. I'm third in D1 now in my fourth season . Shaw, Orellano and Gambino are my best players. If you're a PES fan you'll know who they are.

my fifa career started at chesterfield and worked my way to league 1 playoffs, then left to go to aberden for 2 years took them to the final of uefa cup, and then to the derby just relagetdfrom prem again, on 4th season with them and sat2nd with 4 games in hand over wigan(?) who are sat in first my squad has walcott who i got on a free from wolves? and some other decent players who i cant remember off the top of my head!

• 2 weeks later...

Nigel Clough hopes young Arsenal midfielder Mark Randall will link up with Derby County on their tour of Devon next week.

Clough sees the 19-year-old as a possible long-term loan signing for the new season and plans to play him in two of the three friendlies in the South West.

The Rams face Yeovil on Tuesday, Torquay United Thursday and Exeter City next Saturday.

“We are just waiting for confirmation from Arsenal that he can come on the trip,” said Clough.

"Hopefully, he can meet up with us on Tuesday. If he does, he will play in two of the three games, probably Tuesday and Saturday, with a view to a loan – maybe to January or for the whole season.

"Next week will be ideal to have a look at him.

“There is no point coming training. You can only see a certain amount in training but this way we can see him in games.”

Clough is looking to add another body to the competition in central midfield.

He already has Robbie Savage, Paul Green and Stephen Pearson.

“The idea is to bring in somebody different from what we have got,” said Clough.

“We have got three very good players in there but young Mark Randall is predominantly a ball player, a passer, and he is probably as good if not better in that department than the three we have got.”

Randall has made 11 appearances for the Gunners’ first team, four of them starts, and has appeared in the Premier League, Champions’ League and the Carling Cup.

He spent a loan spell as Burnley in 2008 and made 10 appearances.

Last season, Derby took three youngsters from Premier League clubs on loan in Nacer Barazite, also from Arsenal, Aston Villa’s Barry Bannan and James Tomkins of West Ham United.

[url=http://therams.co.uk/stories/clough-hopes-midfielder-will-join-rams-tour]http://therams.co.uk/stories/clough-hopes-...-join-rams-tour

Derby County and Arsenal have agreed in principle to Mark Randall joining the Rams on a long-term loan.

Randall played 90 minutes in last night’s 2-0 victory over League One club Yeovil Town at Huish Park.

The 19-year-old will stay with the Rams on their three-match tour of the south west.

“Mark will play against Exeter on Saturday and might have a little run-out in Thursday’s match at Torquay,” said Rams manager Nigel Clough.

"There were some good things from him against Yeovil but we needed him to get forward a bit more.

"He looked a bit more comfortable when he went into a deeper midfield role when Sav (Robbie Savage) went off.

"It’s probably going to be a bit different playing in the Championship and these sort of games than it is playing for Arsenal.

"Mark is having a look at us and we are having a look at him.

“There is a loan deal in principle but the details have yet to be sorted out.”

[url=http://therams.co.uk/stories/randall-loan-agreed-in-principle-with-gunners]http://therams.co.uk/stories/randall-loan-...le-with-gunners

DERBY County have decided not to take Arsenal youngster Mark Randall on loan.

The 19-year-old midfielder linked up with the Rams on their tour of the south-west last week with a view to a long-term loan.

He started the victories over Yeovil and Exeter City, and came on as a substitute in the goalless draw with Torquay United.

"We have decided not to pursue anything with Mark," said manager Nigel Clough before last night's friendly against Matlock Town at Causeway Lane.

"We have spoken to Liam Brady at Arsenal and to Mark, and although he did quite well for us while we were away, we think we need a different sort of midfielder.

"We need somebody who is going to come in and really challenge the three central midfielders we have in there.

"We have three very good players – Robbie Savage, Stephen Pearson and Paul Green – and arguably they have impressed as much as anybody in the last three or four weeks."

Clough is hopeful of bringing in two young players on loan from Premier League clubs – one a midfielder, the other a defender.

"We cannot do anything this week," said Clough.

"We have to phone the clubs next week when they are back from tours and things like that. We will have a better idea then but we are quite hopeful on both of them."

Derby's first-team squad take on Notts County in a pre-season fixture at Meadow Lane tonight.

Right winger Lee Croft is out as a precaution after taking a knock on the knee at Exeter at the weekend.

"Lee will not feature but I'm sure he will be OK for Stoke on Saturday," said Clough.

Croft's absence will hand Steve Davies another chance to impress after his fine display as a second-half substitute against Exeter City.

"Steve Davies will start and we will see how he does," said Clough.

"He did very well in training again on Monday morning and he looks as though he has got the bit between his teeth which we hope he has because ability-wise, he has got as much as anybody in the squad.

"It is lovely to see him when he has that determined attitude about him, we just need him to have it for the next nine months."

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/football/Clough-turns-Randall-loan-chance/article-1200942-detail/article.html]http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/football...il/article.html

Archived