Championship 09/10 Predictions

Day

Peterborough

Don't ask me why as I don't know, it's more of a gut feeling, maybe due to the manager Ferguson I think they will do well in the Championship and do a 'Swansea' just missing out on the play offs. David predicts a decent season for Peterborough which will see their manager Ferguson leave for the bright lights of the Premiership at the end of the season.

Forest

With Adebola and McGoldrick the only additions to what was a poor squad last season and Billy's remaining targets are the same loanees they had last season I can only see them having a similar season this time round.

We know what a deluded bunch they are so it wouldn't suprise you that having read their forums they are talking about the play-offs and even promotion having signed McGoldrick - he's hardly the next Christiano Ronaldo and alot of League 1 Southampton fans are glad to see the back of him.

David predicts a big bump in the Nottingham area when they find themselves at the foot of the table again next season.

Swansea & Reading

Both had quality managers in Martinez & Coppell which have both left the clubs, their replacements are not great shall we say also with the loss of key players I can only see both clubs struggling to continue where the previous managers left. David predicts Reading will spend the season hovering around mid table and Swansea in a relegation scrap with Forest at the foot of the table.

Newcastle

Less than a week to go and no manager, no players signed, no players have left, says it all really - the club is in a huge mess. Unless they appoint a new manager quickly and get players in and settled for the start of the pre-season fixtures they will find themselves in big trouble. David predicts Newcastle will find themselves hovering between mid-bottom half of the table for most of the season.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Peterborough and Forest but i think Swansea will still do well - if they hold on to Scotland and a couple of others, Reading have lost a few already so they might struggle a bit to, Newcastle hmmm - that is a difficult one - depends who stays and who goes but i recon they will struggle for a while anyway, doesn't seem like anything is going to be sorted out quickly there.

Archived