Confused? you will be

vicky-27

How the fixtures are worked out - just an example from the arcticle - its to big to copy and paste - so you will have to click the link and read it .

Putting the fixture list together is incredibly complex - with a whole series of factors ensuring it is an increasingly difficult task.

Just to give you one example; every club is paired with another in regard to when they play their home and away fixtures. This is done for a number of reasons, one being so that clubs like Everton and Liverpool do not play at home on the same weekend.

West Ham, it turns out, are paired with Dagenham and Redbridge. But for reasons of revenue Southend request they do not play at home on the same day as the Hammers as they believe it impacts upon their attendance

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/06/secrets_of_the_fixture_compute.html]http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/20...re_compute.html

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a quick look at Forests fixtures and we are not paired with them, and a quick look at Burtons fixtures we don't share any home game dates with them up until December.......by then I got bored and stopped looking.

Just a quick reminder to those who maybe aware and to those who arn't, the 09/10 fixtures are released on Wednesday, due to copyright laws we are unable to display a full list of the fixtures on the site without having a licence from the Football League which so happens to cost quite a few pennies.

However as far as I'm aware there are no law's preventing the fixtures from being displayed in a calendar format. I will add the fixtures to the forum calendar which you may have noticed the fixtures link is already up on the main menu.

Any threads started with the full fixture lists will be deleted.

Archived