Sky Broadband V BT Infinity

Boycie

Which broad band provider do you use?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People do know BT owns plusnet. Also all the providers apart from vigin are all using the same equipment, it's the same copper or fibre and all the same exchange equipment just someone different bills you. Martyn you have it bang in the set up off rams forever will be the reason his BB cuts out and he is talking absolute rubbish about his provider making his line drop out. Yet what's different from most of his other posts, he always knows someone on the inside.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, i've just had letter of virgin, telling me my that it's broadband is going up by £1.15 a month. to £23.65.

And that's for the internet only.

No tv or phone.

But the good news is, they are doubleing the broadband speed, at no extra cost.

Um, but it's going up £1.15, so there is a cost.

The speed checker saysi get 15.1mb.

And they are advertising broadband for up to 30mb for £4.00 a month for 3 months, and £14.50 after.

If they don't reduce this when i phone them, then i will be canceling this, and taking it out in the girlfriends name.

Do you know the make & model of them?

Got my Infinity install today. He's late.

He came in the end, only took about 20 mins mostly with him switching me over in the cabinet.

Gotta be pretty happy so far. On an "up-to-40Mbps" service it's speed testing and around 37-48Mbps. With a 40GB download allowance a month on the base Infinity package (£18), that should cover what we do at home pretty nicely (10GB we had on ADSL wasn't enough any more). 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Archived