FAO Computer Geeks

Deirdre_Barlow

Trying to edit some images/design features (reduce in size) on my website. Can't be bothered to get the designer involved as he takes bloody ages and will just charge me through the roof as per. Basically as they are consistent throughout the site they are determined by the CSS scipt. Editing that directly has no effect. Instead, I downloaded the images in question through FTP, resized them using some online software and reuploaded them to the server. I made sure they were named as before, moved them into the relevant folders and backed up the older files and moved them out the way. Again, no effect. The only reference in the HTML code to these images/design is a simple request to the CSS script. How hard can it be to resize a flaming box?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this a "box" or an actual image? Hard to help too much without nosing at it myself.

Its a quote box with input fields in it for clients to put their details in. I need to make it smaller and then realign the image next to it so it sits flush on the page. I can pm you the site if you need to take a look?

What does Ken make of all that?

Ken prefers the library, not too hot on all this computer stuff. In all seriousness I only used this username as she was on TV at the time! Thought I'd have a mild laugh with it for a few posts before getting down to the nitty gritty.

Its a quote box with input fields in it for clients to put their details in. I need to make it smaller and then realign the image next to it so it sits flush on the page. I can pm you the site if you need to take a look?

Yeah go on then.

Archived