Football League Ups/Downs 2011/12

trekkie_ram

How do you go 26 games unbeaten and be lucky throughout?!

Drawing or winning certain games that they didnt deserve to im guessing. Not denying it's an impressive run, but they've drew about 12 of them and scored a lot of late goals. Only saying what i've read from one of their fans so he might be a pessimist. Based on what i've seen from them they'll struggle next season.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drawing or winning certain games that they didnt deserve to im guessing. Not denying it's an impressive run, but they've drew about 12 of them and scored a lot of late goals. Only saying what i've read from one of their fans so he might be a pessimist. Based on what i've seen from them they'll struggle next season.

I think he was being pessimistic.. 26 games unbeaten, winning away at champions Brighton, finsihing on 87 points and 8pts ahead of 4th should suggest that they're too good for League 1.. The biggest giveaway was their GD of +29. You could hardly say that doing this was lucky

Under BD we finished on 84 points, 8 ahead of 4th but our GD was only +13 or so, suggesting we won many by the odd goal. This can be counted as luck in some ways.

I don't think that's the case with Huddlesfield. They're generally a biggish club, would be great to see them back again filling out their 24 odd thousand stadum. They have the ingrediants to probably push on and establish, more so than the likes of Millwall, Barnsley , Peterborough and Donny,

• 3 months later...

I put my bet on, on 8th June, before odds for relegation were offered (or I would have included them in my betting).

In the end I opted for.

Birmingham - Promotion 4/1

MK Dons - Promotion 11/2

Rotherham - Promotion 9/2

Doubles & Trebles.

Based on early form, Birmingham may have been a mistake, although they've only played once since PP, not sure what I was thinking. Middlesbrough look competitive and West Ham should romp home with the squad they have. Leicester will probably buy another new team before the end of the window, Sven has no excuse, but I'm glad I don't have money on them, it'd only be dirty money if it won.

MK Dons & Rotherham weren't the obvious favourites with the bookies, so I took an educated risk (you wouldn't have got much odds for Sheff Utd & Crawley), but I'm well chuffed with their early front-runner statuses.

Archived