Sven has an "open chequebook"

Day

Leicester boss Sven Goran Eriksson claims he has an open chequebook to build a side capable of winning promotion to the Premier League.

The Swede believes he has the full backing of the club's Thai owners but insists he will not be spending irresponsibly.

Chairman Vichai Raksriaksorn and vice-chairman Top Raksriaksorn want promotion next season and Eriksson, who has one season left on his contract, knows he must deliver.

"There is no limit at all - they want Premier League football and that is it," Eriksson told the Leicester Mercury.

"They are very clear. The target they have and the plans they have are the same. I hope they back me every time, as long as I don't go over the top. It is common sense.

"If we were a Premier League club we would have much more money and you can't get very good Premier League players to come to the Championship, so we have to look everywhere for targets."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6928962,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Leicester boss Sven Goran Eriksson claims he has an open chequebook to build a side capable of winning promotion to the Premier League.

The Swede believes he has the full backing of the club's Thai owners but insists he will not be spending irresponsibly.

Chairman Vichai Raksriaksorn and vice-chairman Top Raksriaksorn want promotion next season and Eriksson, who has one season left on his contract, knows he must deliver.

"There is no limit at all - they want Premier League football and that is it," Eriksson told the Leicester Mercury.

"They are very clear. The target they have and the plans they have are the same. I hope they back me every time, as long as I don't go over the top. It is common sense.

"If we were a Premier League club we would have much more money and you can't get very good Premier League players to come to the Championship, so we have to look everywhere for targets."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6928962,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I bet Yakubu is loving that! :D

He's admitted to having an open chequebook? What a tw4t, he'll be paying way over the odds for players now - problem for us with this is that it'll completely price proper football clubs out of the chase for players and raise expectations as to what players are worth - you can see it "if fester have apid £3m for so and so then my three legged terrier must be worth at least a million". F*****g gr8 *!£@!>:+**!! :mad:

Archived