Loans

ras

Ok Ok my wording. Our tactics using other peoples players to field a team is my issue, not the loan market itself. Yes, you are correct the problem is with GSE only allowing clough the option of lower league permanents or if he wants a prem/championship player its realisitically loans only. We cant keep replacing contracted players with short term loans. We'll get to the point where we dont own anyone of any real value. Theres something wrong if we dont see players will hold us to ransom unless we sign additional years to their contract the pre-season before their final contracted season. If we cant afford them then get them on the transfer list and get some money for them, not the peanuts we got for our best 2 players, which was apparently 300k for both Hulse and Commons. Replaced with Ben Davies I suppose.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would happen if loans were removed from football. Could it be a good thing?

The top elite clubs could no longer buy up the best talent in the coutry/world and farm them out on loan untill they reach (or show that they won't reach) the requisite standard.

The young players will want to stay at lower clubs for longer as a few years of sitting on the bench/playing for the reserves could harm their carrers.

When a player has proven they are of the right standard for the top clubs they will have to pay more for them which will redistribute some of the wealth.

...or maybe it would be a bad thing, what do I know.

What would happen if loans were removed from football. Could it be a good thing?

The top elite clubs could no longer buy up the best talent in the coutry/world and farm them out on loan untill they reach (or show that they won't reach) the requisite standard.

The young players will want to stay at lower clubs for longer as a few years of sitting on the bench/playing for the reserves could harm their carrers.

When a player has proven they are of the right standard for the top clubs they will have to pay more for them which will redistribute some of the wealth.

...or maybe it would be a bad thing, what do I know.

Sounds liek an excellent idea to me. That and extending the impending Financial Fair Play rules so that clubs can only spend a % relevant to their gate receipts. Had an argument with a QPR fan about this. Of course, he thought it was all a little too communist, but then he would, as the fan of an oligarch's plaything, eh comrades?!

Jason Scotland...Swansea can afford his wages to bring him back.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/9392722.stm

I'd quite like to see him in a Rams shirt...oh well, not going to happen.

Jason Scotland...Swansea can afford his wages to bring him back.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/9392722.stm

I'd quite like to see him in a Rams shirt...oh well, not going to happen.

Have you actualy read the article that you posted the link to?

I'll post the article title and opening sentence;

Wages could hamper Jason Scotland's Swansea return

Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers says Jason Scotland's wages could be a stumbling block over his potential return to the club.

Like you say, Swansea can obviously afford Jason Scotland's wages....

So we missed out on bringing in a permanent striker in the transfer window but we were told, hey, no worries, we'll get better value bringing in some quality loan players. Now all of a sudden we're being told that nobody is willing to let their players out on loan. Of course they're not. Clubs in line for honours or fighting against relegation aren't going to risk weakening their squads at this part of the season by releasing any half decent players. We've got a defender lined up who's supposedly quality but he's already on the treatment table before he even comes here. The door is being closed on us for decent loan strikers. If we fail to solve the striker shortage and we get relegated by two points I'll be looking to point the finger of blame a lot higher up than Mr Cywka!!!

So we missed out on bringing in a permanent striker in the transfer window but we were told, hey, no worries, we'll get better value bringing in some quality loan players. Now all of a sudden we're being told that nobody is willing to let their players out on loan. Of course they're not. Clubs in line for honours or fighting against relegation aren't going to risk weakening their squads at this part of the season by releasing any half decent players. We've got a defender lined up who's supposedly quality but he's already on the treatment table before he even comes here. The door is being closed on us for decent loan strikers. If we fail to solve the striker shortage and we get relegated by two points I'll be looking to point the finger of blame a lot higher up than Mr Cywka!!!

Absolutely!

Archived