"I've been 'supporting' Derby for X years..."

Sir Me

This quote always seems to crop up when somebody wants to show their anger for the club on the radio or on a forum; "I've been 'supporting' Derby for X years...".

But why do they say it?

Do they think it makes their feelings more superior than someone 'supporting' Derby for a shorter time?

Note the apostrophe's around the word supporting. You can't be a supporter while booing the team as then you aren't actualy supporting them....

For the record I've been booing the team for 125 years :rolleyes:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly, what does it matter if you have been supporting Derby for a year or 50 years?

If I supported Derby for 100 years how does that make my feelings on the present day Derby any different?

For example, in the Premiership season I converted a Tottenham supporter into a Derby supporter. His first game was Wigan away and hasn't missed a game home or away since. Yet he gets told that he can't have an opinion on the present day Derby performances....

Exactly, what does it matter if you have been supporting Derby for a year or 50 years?

If I supported Derby for 100 years how does that make my feelings on the present day Derby any different?

For example, in the Premiership season I converted a Tottenham supporter into a Derby supporter. His first game was Wigan away and hasn't missed a game home or away since. Yet he gets told that he can't have an opinion on the present day Derby performances....

Believe me, if someone has been supporting the team for 40/50 years they would, like me, have seen much much worse than this. Personally, I don't care how long anyone has been supporting our team. I just get ticked off by the immature drivel that fills this site when we have a bad result.

I just get ticked off by the immature drivel that fills this site when we have a bad result.

I do too, that's why I stay off the forum for a days or so to let the dust settle. Like was mentioned on the phone in last night, where do the protestors go when we win? Or that person who text Radio Derby to say how disgusted they were that Derby lost to Millwall...

When will people learn that you can't fill a bucket with holes in!

How every much water you put in it and how ever quickly you do it, the bucket will never fill until it has been repaired.

Archived