Price and Hendrie make exit

Day

LEE Hendrie and Lewis Price have been released by Derby County.

Both players are out of contract this summer and have not been offered new deals.

Hendrie joined the Rams on a free from Sheffield United in September and the midfielder made five starts in his 10 appearances for the Rams.

He spent the last two months of the season on loan at Brighton where he made eight appearances.

"I certainly enjoyed my time at Brighton, and I'd like to stay because I know the club is going places," said the 32-year-old.

Price spent the past season on loan at Brentford.

The 25-year-old goalkeeper played 18 times for the Bees but his last appearance was in an FA Cup defeat by Doncaster Rovers in January.

Price, a Welsh international, was signed by Billy Davies in July 2007 as the Rams prepared for life in the Premier League.

He started the 2007-8 season as understudy to Stephen Bywater and stepped in to play nine games while Bywater was injured.

He lost his place when Paul Jewell, who replaced Davies, brought in the experienced Roy Carroll.

Price has also had loan spells with MK Dons and Luton Town.

"Lee and Lewis have both been to see me and they will be looking for new clubs this summer," said Rams manager Nigel Clough.

"We wish both of them well and I am sure they will have no problem getting fixed up."

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/football/Price-Hendrie-make-exit/article-2151463-detail/article.html

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived