Buxton & Pringle Offered Contract Extensions

Day

JAKE Buxton and Ben Pringle have been offered extensions to their contracts by Derby County.

Their current one-year deals are due to expire in the summer.

The new contracts will run for the rest of this season and next.

Manager Nigel Clough has been pleased with their progress.

"They have both shown enough potential that they can do it at this level and they have justified being given extra time. They are valuable squad players," said Clough.

Buxton started the first five League games of the season but the 24-year-old central defender has not featured since the defeat by Nottingham Forest in August due to injuries.

He underwent a hernia operation and has had a groin problem but returned to action for the Reserves on Wednesday.

Pringle is on his way back after a knee injury.

The 20-year-old midfielder has made three appearances as a substitute in the Championship and started in the Carling Cup defeat by Rotherham United.

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/New-Rams-deals-Buxton-Pringle/article-1593637-detail/article.html

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good bit of buisness imo they won't be on high wages i imagine either buxton's injury was only a hernia op nothing serious that will affect his career and i don't really know that much about pringles injury but he did seem to be quite good when i saw him play :D

Archived