Footycomp

admira

Hi

From 1991 onwards, I ran a football prediction competition that after fifteen years had over 350 entrants in it.

In 2006 I decided to have a ‘one year sabbatical’ and someone else kindly took it over, albeit on a smaller scale. The one year break turned into a whole lot longer but last year I put my ‘toe back in the water’ and now ten years on, I am re-launching it in an effort to get the competition back to its glory days!

It was £5 to enter at its inception and it’s still only £5 now!  100% of entry fees are ploughed into the prize fund with 2006’s winner benefitting from over £500.

The winner’s trophy has previously been presented by such esteemed footballers as Ipswich Town FA Cup final goal scorer Roger Osbourne and Ipswich and Arsenal goalkeeper Richard Wright. This year you will probably end up with me but if you receive a fat cheque, who cares eh?

Unlike time-consuming fantasy league-style competitions, Footycomp is a very simple concept and requires a one-time entry. It involves trying to predict the finishing league positions for the teams in the Premier league and Championship. The entrant with the ‘closest’ predictions is the winner. There are also a few bonus points to be gained. There will be numerous prizes for the good (and the bad)

To bring entry into Footycomp into the modern age, I have created a simple to complete web form which explains all.

The link is:

https://www.cognitoforms.com/Footycomp/Footycomp201617

Whether you have previous Footycomp history before or are new to it, I hope you will take part and please distribute this to as many of your footballing friends as possible.

Entries must be received by midday on Saturday August 6th. After that, the web form will notify you that you are too late to enter. Payment details are all on the confirmation email that you will receive when you submit your entry.

Many thanks

Admira

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

Just a reminder if you’ve not already submitted your entry that the closing date for Footycomp is just over a week away.

The link is:

Entries must be received by midday on Saturday August 6th. After that, the web form will notify you that you are too late to enter. Payment details are all on the confirmation email that you will receive when you submit your entry.

Many thanks

Admira

*** Footycomp deadline - 27 hours! ***

Prize pot currently standing at £350

Footycomp is a very simple league position predictions competition. It's a one-off entry so not time consuming like fantasy league. Entry is just £5 and all money goes into the prize pot.

The web form takes just a few minutes to complete. Why not have a go?

Deadline midday Saturday August 6th

Archived