Greetings from the Isle of Man...

SellyIOM

I know what you're thinking,another fairweather 'fan looking for a ticket.You'd be right about the second part.Its for my ten year old daughter who has travelled to six away games and two home games already with me this season.Not a great amount I agree,but when you consider an average cost of £600 a game with flights and accommodation,I think it explains why we can't follow the Rams more regularly.Being an away member I got my ticket last Monday but had to wait until Saturday to try and get hers,with no success.Our flights and hotel were booked three weeks ago and with hindsight should have sorted her membership out as well,but I didn't.So now I have a very disappointed ten year old who I feel I have let down.I'm sitting(or standing)in block 133,singing area,and would die for a ticket for Amy any where close,or I would swap my seat for two elsewhere and pay the difference.If you have any old rams progrmmes(newspaper style)from 1974the week after,the home leg of the athletico Madrid game,you will see an article entitled,'young manx lad on a mission' and a picture of me aged nine years old,No fairweater fan.Now I'm on another mission,to get Amy a ticket.Derby fans have never let me down in the past,I hope I can rely on them again.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived