Non-season ticket holder - Away games

Day

OK as you may or may not know I'am not a season ticket holder, shock horror shoot me down I'm ready for the armchair abuse. I'm trying to plan which away games to attend next season and combine with a weekend away with the missus and maybe the odd local midweek game if possible (Rotherham).

As you know away tickets can be hard to come by being a non season ticket holder so which games should I cross off has no hopers and which games I will have no problem getting tickets for?.

It's a pain in the arse with the shop as we have to plan everything weeks in advance so I can't look around for spare last minute tickets.

This is a serious thread so Vicky, Boycie, Matty sod off before you start!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand you here. Away game tickets can be hard as nails to get if you don't have an ST.

You have to book your tickets as much in advance as possible. Gold membership might also help but that doesn't really make much difference in terms of priorities.

Try and do an away game that isn't extremely popular. Newcastle, Forest, Sheffields are away days that are either local or will sell out extremely fast. Though I was lucky to grab a ticket for an away day last season that was a 3000 sell out!

Considering your location, I reckon Middlesbrough, Ssausagehorpe and Doncaster away are three decent options.

As if we would ! the cheek of it - now pull up a chair and i'll tell you

Forest - no chance !

As for the others - with Newcastle and some of the other profile ones being midweek i don't see you having a problem - maybe Leicester you might struggle and Sheffield - it depends how many tickets they give us as well - if it's only c1,000 they will sell out just on rams on tour and platinum and a few season ticket holders. I asked once if platinum get priority on extra tickets before they go on general sale - but they don't so i can't help you there. I don't think i will be going to many away games this season though so if i'm not i will tell you and if it's a game you want to go to i can get them for you. Plymouth away is a treck but a good one - but perhaps not in January

Cheers, I kinda knew the Forest, Leicester and Sheffield games would be out the question it's just difficult to look at the fixture list and say we'l go to that game when the allocation could be crap. Don't want to rely on using peoples customer numbers either as like I say I want to know well in advance which games I'l be off to, obviously I can't 100% guarentee it.

Originally posted by David;24003

Hi, welcome along.

What's the away stand capacity/allocation likely to be and will it be an easy 3 points for us?

4,300 seated and standing. I hope not! Back to back promotions from League 2 to Championship with virtually the same key players.

Originally posted by David;24009

Could be worth noting that one down, only a couple hours drive, whats the town like, worth staying for a weekend or head back up the motorway straight after?

A beautiful cathedral, a decent shopping centre plus some good pubs. A day trip at best if I am honest...

Northants has good countryside. Norfolk not far away for coast...

Originally posted by Crun;24002

Posh fan in peace. How about Peterborough United? An old fashioned terrace to stand in awaits you.

an old fashioned terrace!

i'd love to be on the terraces again,it's just not the same sitting down and watching football as being on an uncovered terrace in all weathers.

ahh happy days

Originally posted by MattyTheRam;24016

Would of thought with Pboro bein a game with terraces... that maybe it will be more popular, see how the season goes dave, many people dip out of away games if its not going all to plan

Celtic fans who filled the away end for a friendly two seasons ago had a great time on the terrace and in the town for good measure.

Originally posted by David;24017

Sod it I'm off to support Florist at least there will be loads of empty seats available, might even by 2 seats each for the extra legroom.

You cannot be serious! :eek:

I remember Rams at Coventry with Frannie Lee getting up after going down too easily in a tackle with a cheeky wink at the crowd. Me and my dad laughed our heads off!

Originally posted by rams71;24019

an old fashioned terrace!

i'd love to be on the terraces again,it's just not the same sitting down and watching football as being on an uncovered terrace in all weathers.

ahh happy days

It is a bit more civilized in the Moys End, being covered. Although the toilets are said to be primitive...

Way before my time that one, Pembridge, Gabbiadini (spelling), Taylor, Sturridge days are as far as the memory goes back for me with Wanchope, Baiano, Stimac and Eranio being the glory years.

Originally posted by David;24027

Way before my time that one, Pembridge, Gabbiadini (spelling), Taylor, Sturridge days are as far as the memory goes back for me with Wanchope, Baiano, Stimac and Eranio being the glory years.

I am from as far back as the Mcfarland, Hector and Mackay era...I still have a scarf my gran knitted for me from the late sixties. My dad was taken to see the FA Cup being paraded around Derby in 1946...

Archived