which players from our last promotion in 2007 would get into our current team?

Sexydadbod

Two totally different approaches to the game so it's hard to tell, the defensive 1-0 merchants versus the free flowing goalscorers.

Howard as back up for Chrissy certainly, Seth would edge out Eustace because he's a legend (but not George Thorne in the 2007 vintage at least), Giles Barnes would get one of the wide 4 slots and might even play more often than not. The rest? Meh. Oakley was a good player, so was David Jones but this midfield is something else altogether.

Mears wouldn't get in the team because he's not as good as Christie going forward and the full backs are important to our style.

Leacock did alright working off big Mooro, but I don't think he'd get anywhere near this side as we have a different philosophy and he'd have to edge out the captain - Leacock was never a leader, in fact I'd sooner have Michael Johnson on the bench.

I wouldn't have Bywater back if was paying us to train, the mans a space cadet and we don't need it.

There are players who got a lot of games that year who wouldn't make our U21's now. Fagan, McEveley, Pearson, Teale.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived