Buxton to have op

derbydan

Jake Buxton will be sidelined for a few weeks, with confirmation that he needs surgery on a troublesome hernia.

The Rams defender, who's started six matches so far this season, will go under the knife over the weekend and will be ruled out for a number of weeks.

Buxton says it's frustrating, but he'll work hard to get back soon:

"It's not felt right for a few weeks to be honest, so in some respects it's a relief to have the injury confirmed.

"I can get it sorted, work hard on my recovery and get back as soon as possible."It shouldn't keep me out for too long, so hopefully I'll be back on the training field and competing for a place in the team.

"I've really enjoyed my start to life at Derby County; I knew it was a brilliant club, but it's not until you get here that you realise just how big it is.

"You can see we are making progress on the pitch and it won't be long now until we start turning our good performances into good results."

SHOULD GIVE LEACOCK HIS CHANCE TO GET BACKIN THE TEAM NOW THEN

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by derbydan;33160

Jake Buxton will be sidelined for a few weeks, with confirmation that he needs surgery on a troublesome hernia.

The Rams defender, who's started six matches so far this season, will go under the knife over the weekend and will be ruled out for a number of weeks.

Buxton says it's frustrating, but he'll work hard to get back soon:

"It's not felt right for a few weeks to be honest, so in some respects it's a relief to have the injury confirmed.

"I can get it sorted, work hard on my recovery and get back as soon as possible."It shouldn't keep me out for too long, so hopefully I'll be back on the training field and competing for a place in the team.

"I've really enjoyed my start to life at Derby County; I knew it was a brilliant club, but it's not until you get here that you realise just how big it is.

"You can see we are making progress on the pitch and it won't be long now until we start turning our good performances into good results."

SHOULD GIVE LEACOCK HIS CHANCE TO GET BACKIN THE TEAM NOW THEN

Yep Barker or Leacock.

Gutted for him but it allows Deano to prove himself.

I hope Buxton is back soon. He has been a positive factor.

Archived