The Olympics Thread

-JW-

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a patch on the opening IMO - For saying it was a 'Symphony of British Music' - I'd expect our best artists playing their best songs.

Some bits were great, others were just WTF?

It does suffer in comparison, but so does every other ceremony in history. Loads of good stuff, just the odd blip, like Roger Daltrey can't sing anymore.

My thought was that this was supposed to be about the kids of tomorrow, yet we had a lot of oldies pampering to the baby boomers.

At least McCartney wasn't allowed to leave the Home to wobble his turkey wattle at us.

I would have liked to have seen more contemporary music, even if I wouldn't have known who they were.

p.s.The Who were good, though.

Thank the lord for that. Can't stand Bowie and George is great. He's lucky to still be here by all accounts, hence why he sang 'I'm alive'.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

Where's the dislike button gone?! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I'll give you the second point though. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Pele the best Footballer I've ever seen

I saw Eusebio at the BBG, also George Best and many other greats but Pele was in an unassailable class which I don't think any other player has even approached. I would have loved to have been at a match he played in.

Watched Escape to Victory (and copied it) this afternoon. I hadn't realised that he had chorographed all the football scenes.

Absolut genius on all levels!

Worst bits - Spice girls - they were carp then and they're carp now.

Bowies 10 seconds, too long.

Roger Daltry.

Best bits - Eric Idle singing 'lifes a piece of **** when you look at it'. Ya got that right mate

Take That. Kudos to Gary.

Fatboy slim

Spice girls fooking off in their taxis.. Thanks ladies.

Absolute best bit - John Lennon and the children singing Imagine. Magic.

Hello Ladyram.

It amazes me that we can like so much of each other's taste in music yet I think Bowie is great and can't stand George Michael or Wacko Jacko. Good job we aren't all the same or there'd be even more lonely people.

The Beatles influence has run through a lot of tonight's music but I have to admit that most of the older performers, great as they have been in their day, looked past their sell by date.

With youtube young folk today can dip into musi from the past 90 years and decide what they do or don't like.

For me the 60s were the peak, especially when seeing the groups live. But the opportunity is there now to listen to great recordings and make up our own minds.

"Something's lost and something's gained in living everyday."

Hello Ladyram.

It amazes me that we can like so much of each other's taste in music yet I think Bowie is great and can't stand George Michael or Wacko Jacko. Good job we aren't all the same or there'd be even more lonely people.

The Beatles influence has run through a lot of tonight's music but I have to admit that most of the older performers, great as they have been in their day, looked past their sell by date.

With youtube young folk today can dip into musi from the past 90 years and decide what they do or don't like.

For me the 60s were the peak, especially when seeing the groups live. But the opportunity is there now to listen to great recordings and make up our own minds.

"Something's lost and something's gained in living everyday."

I know, it's strange isn't it?

I was listening to the songs saying 'this is on the classic track thread' 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Archived