Euro 2012 final: Spain v Italy

CumbrianRam

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just glad that the exciting technically sublime teams have reached the final and the ugly longball hoofers like England and Greece will be watching on the telly..

I garauntee that Spain have more possession, corners and shots than Italy regardless of the score but people will bang on about how boring Spain and how they create nothing and how good Italy have been..

I just read that Hodson wants England to be England and not to try and imitate another style of football.. So England can look forward to the next 2 years of defensive hoofball then.. Enjoy it folks..

Viva La Roja

La Roja is that the cheap and nasty red wine that tastes like paintstipper?

I've been saying for ages now Alpha that Xavi has a pretty standard set-piece on him.. As far as goalscoring goes, I've rarely seen him score a goal from a set-piece.. That said some top players like Ronaldo only hit the target 1 in every 6 or 7 freekicks..

Xabi Alonso at least puts pace on them, suprised he's not on freekick duty..

Spain have been sublime.. It's clear that they're sitting back a little to take full advantage of the space behind a slow Italian defence.. They're playing to perfection.. The pace of Iniesta, Alba and the movement of Silva and Fabregas has pulled Italys defence all over the place..

Archived