Wimbledon 2012/Nadal out in 5 sets

Curtains

My favourite tennis player is Feds by a mile.. He'd be the Barcelona of football, pure finesse, movement and easily the best technically the game has ever seen. Gasquet is another I like to watch, technically very good..

For what it's worth I don't like watching Nadal play, all brute power and lot's of running but with rare flashes of brilliance and wins a fair few by using defensive tactics and relying on opposition mistakes and also by simply overpowering better technical players.. Very similar to the Chelsea style under Mourinho..

Im just messing with you babe. What do you think of Roddick?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The commentators during the game said health and safety.

And I'm not an expert on Merton Council. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Really, every time you hear health and safety blamed for something, it's nothing at all to do with it. It's to do with the fear of someone taking them to court. Health and safety prohibits very little - like I say, asbestos, dangerous chemicals and the like. Richard Littlejohn has a lot to answer for.

Planning will take into account lots of things such as getting large numbers of people home and the impact on the locals. Nothing to do with health and safety laws.

I can't understand the hoo har about him not getting all his games on centre - why should he? It's not the Murray show.

Isn't there a rule not one single player can play on centre in all rounds of the tournament?

If there isn't - there should be.

I can't help but feel Murray is the most unfortunate tennis player of all time. He has this constant stream of "British" pressure in what is invariably the golden generation for men's tennis.

He'll get a major but only on a hard court and once fed has retired because currently having Fed + Dojk if not Nadal is just too much for him. Once Fed is gone his odds will improve massively, will only take one real upset and a top seed to exit then.

The odds are against him I agree Crimson. He's never beaten Federer at a majors, never mind on grass. I'd like to see Murray win, just so he can lift that bloody trophy up at last - and he relishes the pressure of a home crowd.

Let's see what happens but I really doubt he'll do it. Federer & Djokovitch are still in it so it's going to be a massive ask as usual.

To be quite honest, I am in awe of anyone who can play tennis at the level these guys and gals play it at. What incredible reactions you must have to have to even be able to see the ball at the speed at which it comes over the net. The thought processes must be phenomenal to be able to calculate where the bal is ging to land. how it will bounce, how to reach it and how to land it in court on the opposite side of the net in such a way that your opponent just might not be able to return it. The number of times the mind has to recalculate and often decide not to go for a ball which looks as if it is going out.

It's just mind boggling, and these geniuses are making these calculations hundreds of times in a match before having to look cheerful whether they have won or lost, often by the narrowest of narrow margins.

Then to be expected to go off court signing autographs and to give an instant analysis of their own and their opponent's performance.

I for one couldn't cope with that. Could you?

Well Andy and all the others do!

There has always been a 'golden generation' of mens tennis players - McEnroe, Lendl, Bjorg, Sampras, Becker, always someone who rules the roost for a few years - Andy Murray has it no harder than anybody else playing his tennis today.

Federer isn't as clinical as he used to be and Nadal is obviously out but Djokovitch is awesome at the moment and he's come up through the ranks and has passed Murray.

I don't like Andy Murray and the jizzfest that surrounds him and I think he's just lacking in that extra push - that said, if he wins something, I'll be pleased for Sue Barker 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' />

I do not like Murray. That said, he is a fantastic tennis player and unlucky that he is around at the time of three players who all could be considered true greats of the game, Federer and Nadal certainly are and it won't be long until Djokovic is also in that. But those three are way ahead, maybe the great Fed is on the way down, but even him at half flow is better than most.

I admire the games of Nadal and Djokovic, but Federer is the true artist. I guess he plays the idealistic view of tennis.

Archived