Premier Members Area at Pride Park

rsmini

After Man City 'poached' Tom Glick have they given us some money for him? just a daft thought but spending nearly a £1 million on a big screen, digital advertising boards and better TV's in the concourse. Now we have a Premier Members Area.

All good stuff I think and is definatly starting to move the stadium up a level. Maybe safe standing will be next.

[size=3]

Derby County will be making some exciting changes and improvements to an area of the Toyota West Stand Upper for the start of the 2012-13 season.

[/size]

[size=3]

Having listened to suggestions from fans, the Rams have decided to create a 'Premier Members' area and as such have upgraded 128 seats in Block E of the Toyota West Stand Upper.

[/size]

[size=3]

Supporters with seats in this area will receive the following benefits:

[/size]

[size=3]

• A padded, higher quality seat

• Carpets throughout the seating area

• A pre-game complimentary tea/coffee

• Free matchday programme

• Free matchday team sheet

• Personal DCFC account executive to handle all ticketing queries

• Premier Member lanyard & Card to enable identification by stewards and catering staff

[/size]

[size=3]

Supporters that have already renewed their Season Ticket in this area of Pride Park Stadium for the 2012-13 season will receive all of these benefits free of charge, however any new customers to the area will pay an enhanced rate.

[/size]

[size=3]

Link to the article

[/size]

[size=3]

[/size]

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Block E is the right hand side block to the Directors Box when looking at the stand from the East Stand. I guess it'll give those with the already expensive AA category seats an added bonus this year but theb next year they will have to stump up the extra or move. I can see this happening to the block the other side of the Directors Box if Block E is successful.

Not really my idea of what a football ground should be if i'm honest. Anyway, who were these fans' that were consulted, and why do the club listen to them with their ideas of carpets and cushions and a stupid video scoreboard and not Nick and many others with their ideas of how to improve the atmosphere/not make us a laughing stock?

Oh I forgot. Money.

W*nkers. I hope whoever sits there scolds themselves with their free tea.

Carpets? Cushions? A flash telly and LED lights? Is this a football stadium or the front window of feckin Next?

I agree with Joe, it's unecessary pointless overkill.

Put the money on the pitch please, not on the decor.

Not really my idea of what a football ground should be if i'm honest. Anyway, who were these fans' that were consulted, and why do the club listen to them with their ideas of carpets and cushions and a stupid video scoreboard and not Nick and many others with their ideas of how to improve the atmosphere/not make us a laughing stock?

Oh I forgot. Money.

W*nkers. I hope whoever sits there scolds themselves with their free tea.

Its called a choice. You want to stand and sing, others want to sit down and have a little more comfort, others want to splash the company cash and have a box - where is the problem?

Its called a choice. You want to stand and sing, others want to sit down and have a little more comfort, others want to splash the company cash and have a box - where is the problem?

There isn't a choice to do that as far as i'm aware. Unless you count being hassled every 20 minutes or so by the stewards in the South East corner as "being allowed to stand".

Want to wave a flag? No can do, it's an offensive weapon. Want to bang on the back of the stand in time to a chant? Sorry, that's too loud. Want a pint in view of the pitch? Get out and go and watch Rugby Union. Want to swear? Think of the children! Want to call the opposition supporters nobheads over the segregation? That's a banning order.

The club, and football in general has forgotten who it's traditional support used to be and should listen more to the views of supporters who, you know, actually want to support their club. If free teas are to be given out, they should go to those who had to for-go beverages for the afternoon just so they could afford to come and watch their club play on a Saturday afternoon.

I'm not saying I want to do all of the above, but football has got it's priorities in a muddle.

There isn't a choice to do that as far as i'm aware. Unless you count being hassled every 20 minutes or so by the stewards in the South East corner as "being allowed to stand".

Want to wave a flag? No can do, it's an offensive weapon. Want to bang on the back of the stand in time to a chant? Sorry, that's too loud. Want a pint in view of the pitch? Get out and go and watch Rugby Union. Want to swear? Think of the children! Want to call the opposition supporters nobheads over the segregation? That's a banning order.

The club, and football in general has forgotten who it's traditional support used to be and should listen more to the views of supporters who, you know, actually want to support their club. If free teas are to be given out, they should go to those who had to for-go beverages for the afternoon just so they could afford to come and watch their club play on a Saturday afternoon.

I'm not saying I want to do all of the above, but football has got it's priorities in a muddle.

Of course they hassle you, it is an all seater stadium, sit down, relax, slap your thigh in time to a chant.

Want to wave a flag? Not in front of me matey, I want to watch the game.

Want to bang on the back of the stand? It's not really designed to take that sort of punishment, I can understand the club getting upset about that - get a drum!!!

Want a pint in view of the pitch - well for that you have got the previous generations to thank for that one. I too would like to take a pint to my seat rather than a bottle of water.

Want to swear - don't just think of the children, think of everyone else who doesn't particularly want some yob effing and blinding in his/her ear.

Want to call the opposition fans nobheads over the segregation - It is obviously because of the sort of behaviour you describe why there is segregation up there. Would you be brave enough to abuse them if it wasn't there?

Just giving you the opposite view which probably makes up a huge percentage of the attendance as opposed to those who want to do what you described.

Personally, I think the priorities are spot on - I might even take my slippers to the game so I don't get the carpet dirty.

Archived