'Demand based' Pricing For Tickets...

DcFc Dyycheee

[size=3]

Derby County shall become the first Club in the country to offer 'demand based' pricing for match tickets at its home league fixtures from the start of the 2012-13 season.

[/size]

[size=3]

Starting from next season the Rams hope to be able to attract new supporters to games through more flexible pricing for home fans, while offering more options for existing fans to visit Pride Park Stadium.

[/size]

[size=3]

Season ticket holders will continue to be rewarded for their loyalty and commitment, with the Club pledging that the best-priced tickets shall remain enshrined as part of their season ticket package.

[/size]

[size=3]

The prices of single matchday tickets from next season will now fluctuate dependant on a number of key factors. Ticket prices can change on a daily basis based on real-time market conditions such as team performance, rivalries, day of the week and the weather among other factors - reflecting the demand for tickets. This means that supporters who choose to purchase their individual tickets early will get the best possible pricing deal before any potential fluctuation in prices.

[/size]

[size=3]

The move to demand pricing will offer greater flexibility and choice to supporters, and is part of the Rams' commitment to continually improve their offering to fans and commercial partners alike.

[/size]

[size=3]

Derby County have been given the support of the Football League to pioneer this exciting development in England following similar and successful moves by a number of sports clubs across the major sports in North America.

[/size]

[size=3]

The Rams are teaming up with Digonex, a leader in dynamic pricing technology, to deliver this new technique of supporter participation. The partnership will see Digonex make use of its dynamic pricing services via a connection with Tickets.com to price single match tickets for Derby's 2012-13 season.

[/size]

[size=3]

At Pride Park, Digonex shall utilise their Sports and Entertainment Analytical Ticketing System (SEATS™), a robust and proven dynamic pricing system for event ticketing that scientifically changes prices based upon econometric and behavioural principles.

[/size]

[size=3]

The Rams have already written to all season ticket holders for the 2012-13 season to explain how the partnership will work as well as how their season ticket package is broken down in terms of how much they have paid for specific matches.While demand based pricing shall offer the potential of great single match prices to watch Nigel Clough's men in action, season ticket holders will always have the best deal.

[/size]

[size=3]

"We are very excited about the positive impact demand based pricing will have on both our attendance and revenue next season," said Derby County's Chief Executive Tom Glick.

[/size]

[size=3]

"We are confident that SEATS will help us identify the best price for our tickets; allowing us to provide Derby County fans with more price options, flexibility and the best value for their money at Pride Park.

[/size]

[size=3]

"Ensuring our match tickets are priced appropriately, we believe we will entice new fans to Pride Park as well as offering more options to existing supporters whilst reengaging with those supporters who haven't been able to attend matches at Pride Park as much as they would have wished in the last few years.

[/size]

[size=3]

"As a Club we are determined to find new and improved ways to make Pride Park an affordable and friendly place to visit and see demand pricing as a positive step."

[/size]

[size=3]

Digonex view Derby County as part of a wave of forward-thinking sports teams seizing on demand based pricing as a competitive and strategic opportunity to transform their Club's operation.

[/size]

[size=3]

"We find that focusing on better pricing helps teams engage with fans in a more meaningful way," said Jan Eglen, Ph.D., CEO of Digonex.

[/size]

[size=3]

"Staying in sync with an ever-changing marketplace is the best way to provide great value to fans while from the Club's perspective helping to drive bums on seats and enhance the matchday atmosphere."

[/size]

[size=3]

The SEATS integration with Tickets.com will allow Derby to automate the acceptance of price recommendations from Digonex and eliminate the need for time-consuming manual price updates.

[/size]

[size=3]

"We are happy to work with Digonex to provide Derby County and all our football clients with true fan-driven dynamic pricing capability," said Derek Palmer, forTickets.com.

[/size]

[size=3]

"Their SEATS platform has provided us with another time-saving, technologically advanced solution for our clients."

[/size]

[size=3]

Derby fans will be take advantage of the exciting new value prices for the first 12 home fixtures of the 2012-13 npower Championship season when they go on sale in mid-July 2012.

[/size]

[size=3]

More details will be communicated to supporters in the build-up to tickets going on sale.

[/size]

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you've ever booked a flight with Ryanair or Easyjet, the concept is quite simple. The prices start out cheaper than the expected price for that category of game and will go up or down depending on how many tickets have been sold.

If you've ever booked a flight with Ryanair or Easyjet, the concept is quite simple. The prices start out cheaper than the expected price for that category of game and will go up or down depending on how many tickets have been sold.

Think Shake n Bake means that the demand for, say Bristol City on a tuesday night in december after we have lost the last 3 will be cheaper a few days before than in mid july so it would be better to get it then not now.

Think Shake n Bake means that the demand for, say Bristol City on a tuesday night in december after we have lost the last 3 will be cheaper a few days before than in mid july so it would be better to get it then not now.

I guess in that scenario the prices won't go up particularly over the 3 days as demand will be lower. However if demand is kicking in, which will likely be the popular games or during good runs, getting in early will be advisable as the prices will go up.

I guess in that scenario the prices won't go up particularly over the 3 days as demand will be lower. However if demand is kicking in, which will likely be the popular games or during good runs, getting in early will be advisable as the prices will go up.

the club statement said prices will go up and down depending on the circumstances around the game, if my scenario was to be true the original ticket price will be higher than at a later date so you won't get the best prices in july necessarily as the statement says. Which in a roundabout, babbling way is the point shake n bake, and myself, was trying to make.

Shall we wait and see if it works 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Nah,booooooooooooooo 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Shall we wait and see if it works 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Nah,booooooooooooooo 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I think it will work, but I will be getting tickets closer to the game rather than now, I suppose it puts a slight gamble when buying tickets as to get the cheapest price

the club statement said prices will go up and down depending on the circumstances around the game, if my scenario was to be true the original ticket price will be higher than at a later date so you won't get the best prices in july necessarily as the statement says. Which in a roundabout, babbling way is the point shake n bake, and myself, was trying to make.

As I understand it, the initial price will be the lowest ever purchase price. After they go on sale prices may start to rise, then can fall back but never to below the initial price.

I would like to know in detail how this is worked out. It sounds like a bit of genius to me.

Could work out well for the club and the fans. It also may help to raise attendances in the "lower-status" games.

Sounds like such a great idea, maybe a legacy Glick will leave behind if it works out.

Some info here on how it works in the US

Q. Which games and seats are subject to demand based pricing?

A. All Outfield Pavilion and Terrace Outfield seats will be priced based on market demand for all 2012 regular season games.

Q. Will Braves Season Ticket and Mini Plan Holders be subject to this change and demand based pricing?

A. Season Ticket Holder prices are set and guarantee fans that they will pay the best price for their select seat. All other tickets could be subject to demand based price changes.

Q: How do I know I'm getting the best price for my tickets?

A: Buy early and save. Ticket prices will typically be discounted in advance and normalize as the game day approaches. Fans who plan ahead and buy their tickets early can achieve significant savings!

Q. How often do demand based ticket prices change?

A. Demand based prices are subject to change daily as the market dictates. We have very sophisticated software on the back end that analyzes multiple data points. Timing for price adjustments is not pre-determined and will depend entirely on market conditions.

Q. What happens if prices lower after I buy my tickets?

A. Tickets are always priced based on market demand. While prices typically increase leading up to a game, there may be times where prices decrease should conditions change. As with all of our tickets, all sales are final.

Q. How do I find out what the price is for a ticket or when there is a good deal?

A. Braves.com/pricing is updated daily with pricing for all Braves future games. Also, the best deals for Braves game tickets are always available at braves.com or are emailed as special offers to Braves registered users. To become a registered user visit braves.com/register.

[url=http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/atl/ticketing/dynamic_pricing_faq.jsp]http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/atl/ticketing/dynamic_pricing_faq.jsp

Personally, unless we have an exceptional run or start playing like Brazil of the 1970 vintage, I don't think there will be massive price fluctuations.

The big change will occur if we are running away with the league and every game is close to a sell out, probably unlikely this coming season.

One question i would ask - Is there an upper limit?

Also, could it put off the occasional fan from bothering. Paying £40 for a ticket that was on sale for £20 a week earlier may cause one or two not to bother.

It'll just mean people will buy early in normal circumstances. You might get a chance to pick up tickets on the day for those games that are difficult to drum up enthusiasm, and it might encourage the younger end to get back involved in football (if a group of mates can pick up tickets fairly cheaply if there's unsold tickets on the morning of the game).

Sounds like a win-win to me.

It'll just mean people will buy early in normal circumstances. You might get a chance to pick up tickets on the day for those games that are difficult to drum up enthusiasm, and it might encourage the younger end to get back involved in football (if a group of mates can pick up tickets fairly cheaply if there's unsold tickets on the morning of the game).

Sounds like a win-win to me.

Good points Gboro. Be interesting to see how it pans out. Like I said earlier, I don't think they'll be much change immediately.

Going into the new year 4 points clear at the top, then we'll see some "demand based pricing". 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Oh, and what about cup matches? Going on the last few seasons cup attendances, they'll be about £2.50!

Archived