Glasgow Rangers - The End

Day

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtic started to get their **** together years ago. 1994 they went almost bankrupt and McCann basically did a hostile takeover and formed Celtic PLC, developed the ground, then the team and by 1998 had stabilised the club and they stopped Rangers winning 9 in a row.

Nope 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Thought they did? i am sure 98 was when Rangers where going to win 9 and Celtic won..hmm will have to check

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997-98_Scottish_Premier_Division]http://en.wikipedia....remier_Division

Claiming the title would have given Rangers a recording breaking 10 Scottish League Championship in a row (having matched Celtic's record the previous season)

as oppsosed to welsh clubs playing in welsh league's eh 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> . what about berwick rangers, english club playing in scotland.

precisely - can't see the point in national FAs if clubs are allowed to play wherever they choose - Berwick may be a special case as the town has moved backwards and forwards across the border a few times, but I'd kick the Welsh teams out of the English leagues as well....

Having read that I can't believe that the other SPL clubs will vote Rangers to be demoted.

Their games against the old firm must bring in a huge propoertion of their income. Without the Rangers games the profile of all the clubs fall. Their ability to sell sponsorship and corporate events wil be impeded. At a time when football is facing financial challenges there is no way those clubs will vote for a measure which could easily see themselves risking administration.

It looks like Rangers have pulled off the biggest robbery since Ronnie Biggs retired to Rio.

Rangers prospective owner Charles Green has revealed the newco will be called 'The Rangers Football Club', Sky Sports sources can confirm.

The news came as their Company Voluntary Arrangement was formally rejected by the club's creditors.

Earlier this week Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) said it would not support such a scenario and the final decision was taken at a meeting lasting just nine minutes at Ibrox on Thursday.

The decision means the troubled club will now be liquidated with prospective owner Charles Green hoping to confirm his newco which will be known as 'The Rangershttp://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer Football Club'.

Rangers have been in administration since February over an unpaid tax bill of £14m which has now risen to around £18m due to penalties.

Green will now hope to finalise his planned purchase of the club for £5.5m with his main task persuading the SPL to allow The Rangers to play in the top-flight next season.

PFA

There is now concern about the future of Rangers' current playing staff and whether they will be transferred to the newco.

Professional Footballers' Association Scotland chief executive Fraser Wishart has told Green he needs to start consulting with them.

Wishart has stated his union's legal opinion is that the players are under no obligation to stay at Ibrox under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) (TUPE) regulations, although Green must continue to employ all staff who wish to keep their jobs, under the same terms.

"It may well be the case that all of the players wish to transfer across to the newco and if that is the case then PFA Scotland will ensure that their rights are protected," he told the Scotsman.

"The players however are becoming increasingly unhappy at having to operate in an information vacuum whilst their futures are portrayed by others as being a fait accompli with no proper communication and consultation taking place.

"The players are being asked to decide upon their future with so many uncertainties involved; unanswered questions such as which division the new club will actually play in, whether there be any sporting sanctions against the club, whether the club be eligible to play in the Scottish Cup and whether there will be a registration embargo."

From the Beeb

Rangers: club insist Ally McCoist is still manager

A spokesman for Rangers' administrators has insisted that Ally McCoist remains manager of the club.

McCoist, 49, succeeded Walter Smith at Ibrox in February 2011 and his tenure has coincided with the most turbulent spell in the club's history.

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18426943]Rangers will re-form as a new company after a creditors' deal was rejected by Revenue and Customs.

McCoist scored 355 goals in 581 appearances for Rangers and is the club's 13th manager.

When he was appointed, McCoist said: "I was lucky enough to play for the club for 15 years, but this is an absolute dream and a privilege."

Recently, McCoist praised the Rangers supporters for sticking by the club given their off-field problems.

John Macmillan, general secretary of the Rangers Supporters Association, told BBC Scotland that fans should not buy tickets while McCoist's future was uncertain.

"I think, for what he's been through, he's held his dignity very well, and for Ally McCoist to even contemplate doing that, then something must be seriously wrong."

"The very fact that he's not making any comment and Rangers aren't making any comment tells me there's truth in it.

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18440159#story_continues_2]Continue reading the main story

{content}

“It's hanging on a cliff edge, I think fans would be ill-advised to renew season tickets at this time”[/indent]

John Macmillan Rangers Supporters Association

"In my view there's been a distinct lack of transparency with Charles Green."

"It's hanging on a cliff edge, I think fans would be ill-advised to renew season tickets at this time," he said.

Clubs will have to vote on whether to re-admit Rangers to the Scottish Premier League.

HMRC rejected prospective owner Charles Green's bid to exit administration via a company voluntary arrangement giving creditors nine pence in the pound.

Wacky story going round that Rangers new owner is going to buy Bury and basically put Rangers into League One.

RANGERS are looking at an astonishing plan to buy out League One club Bury — so they can play in England.

The Scottish club were bought last week by Charles Green for £6million but are in liquidation.

Rangers could face starting next season in Scottish Division Three — if SPL clubs vote next month against their bid to be allowed back in this term.

Green is looking at other options, including buying Bury and playing English league games in Glasgow.

They would want to start immediately by taking up Bury’s fixtures for next season.

The Greater Manchester club kick off with a home game against Brentford on August 18.

There is strong opposition to Rangers being invited back into the Scottish Premier League.

The SPL fixture list currently has ‘Club 12’ listed until the other 11 clubs vote on July 4.

Rangers do not want to start right at the bottom of the Scottish professional leagues and have long been touted for a place south of the border, along with Old Firm rivals Celtic.

A source told SunSport: “Yes, Rangers really are thinking about this.

“They are in a position at the moment where they have no idea what the future holds.

“They don’t know whether they will be in the SPL next season and do not want to go to the bottom of the ladder.

“Acquiring an English club would get them the foothold they have always wanted down south.”

It is not clear whether the amazing plan to buy is even allowed under Football League rules in England or Scotland.

But there are precedents with Welsh club Swansea playing in the English Premier League and rivals Cardiff in the Championship.

Berwick is actually a town in England but their football team plays in Scottish Division Three.

Also, Wimbledon moved 60 miles north to Milton Keynes before being renamed Milton Keynes Dons in 2004.

Bury fans are sure to be furious at the suggestions to take their club more than 200 miles north.

Obviously this is awful news for Bury fans, but would be incredible news for Rangers and English football. (FC United of Manchester will probably gain a fan or two as well).

I would be excited to see Rangers in the English league, but not at the expense of someones team.

I'm struggling to understand how Rangers joining The Football league would be incredible news, I can't help help thinking it would merely be rewarding lousy management.

Rangers can stay north of the border and get their house in order up there as far as I'm concerned.

Archived