Cahill fractured jaw

Day

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hodgson is a bottler, he didn't have the cahonies to tell Terry to do one, I'm sick of the way everything about this trial has been built around the convenience of Terry, he is a loathesome individual and for Hodgson to take Kelly instead of Ferdinand is a disgrace.

And I'm sick of Hodgson's obsession with everything Scouse, it's almost as though he's trying to endear himself to the fans after being sh*te during his time as boss there.

Only Man City and ManUre had a better defensive record than Liverpool last season.

Man City conceded 29

ManUre conceded 33

Liverpool conceded 40

Everton conceded 40

Tottenham conceded 41

Sunderland conceded 46

Arsenal conceded 49

Newcastle conceded 51

etc..

We've got Joe Hart and Joleon Lescott from Man City. Phil Jones of ManUre, Martin Kelly and Glen Johnson of Liverpool. John Terry and Ashley Cole of Chelsea and Phil Jagielka of Everton

We're pretty solid defensively, it's just everywhere else we're lacking any real quality. Unless you count Rooney as quality but I think he's rubbish in an England shirt, maybe better in midfield.

Shame to lose Cahill but we've got plenty of cover, we've always had a decent defence. Martin Kelly looks a decent player to me, so congrats to him on his call up.

Well, we've got Lescott, Terry, Jones and Jagielka for the central options now. I think Jagielka has made a decent impression of himself so should probably start ahead of Lescott, assuming Terry is an automatic choice. He's got his own injury problems though so it might be Lescott and Jagielka who have played together at Everton. Played well against Spain, decent partnership. I thought Lescott played okay, he looks well up for it as did Joe Hart.

Just noticed the news report of Rio moaning, "What reasons?????!!!" refering to the "footballing reasons" Hodgson offered about his omittance from the squad.

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18093759]http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18093759 - [size=4]Rio Ferdinand 'gutted' at England Euro 2012 snub[/size].

[url=

What reasons?????!!!

— Rio Ferdinand (@rioferdy5)

June 3, 2012
- "What reasons?????!!!"

You're a crock, that's why, even Alex Ferguson doubted your chances.

Definatly not Terry & Lescott too slow, got to be Jagielka and one of those for me

Well for me, Jagielka is the best right sided cb available, and with himself and Lescott having a sound partnership it should be them starting together. The only problem being Terry's influence and the experience he offers during a game.

Lescott can only play on the left side, and Terry never looks comfortable on the right. However, with Hodgson bringing Lescott on and pushing Terry to the right, it seems this is what he will go with.

My opinion: Lescott and Jags - chemistry over ability.

My conclusion: Lescott and Terry will start against France

Well for me, Jagielka is the best right sided cb available, and with himself and Lescott having a sound partnership it should be them starting together. The only problem being Terry's influence and the experience he offers during a game.

Lescott can only play on the left side, and Terry never looks comfortable on the right. However, with Hodgson bringing Lescott on and pushing Terry to the right, it seems this is what he will go with.

My opinion: Lescott and Jags - chemistry over ability.

My conclusion: Lescott and Terry will start against France

Would much rather take Lescott and Jagielka than Lescott and Terry, as you said. However, as much as I dislike Terry, without him we really don't have any born leaders on the field other than Gerrard imo. It's always good to have a command at the back as well as in the middle of the pitch.

Would much rather take Lescott and Jagielka than Lescott and Terry, as you said. However, as much as I dislike Terry, without him we really don't have any born leaders on the field other than Gerrard imo. It's always good to have a command at the back as well as in the middle of the pitch.

So you'd prefer Terry and Jags? It shouldn't be Terry and Lescott as that forces Terry to the right and he didn't look comfortable there against Belgium.

Am sure Kelly is one for the future but what about Micah Richards? Can play right and centre back. Richards and Ferdinand should be a head of Kelly

Because rio ain't good enough and is a crock.

Richards did not want to go on the standby list.

Because rio ain't good enough and is a crock.

Richards did not want to go on the standby list.

Exactly....far too much attention being give to Ferdinand, he is simply not good enough anymore, he has said he can't play and then train and then play again in the space of a week, so he could never compete in a tournament when potentially he will have to play 4 games in 2 weeks.

As for Richards, just like Carrick....regretting refusing to be on stand by now eh Micah...? ha ha ha

The thing that worries me most in this tournament is the choice of captain. I agree with you that whilst I have any number of reservations about Terry the man and Terry the player, as captain he is head and shoulders above the rest. Gerrard is great when things are going well, but when they aren't, he gets the scouser pout and disappears.

It's a real shame about Cahill. He would have been in my first XI. However, remember we are playing a back eight and so personnel might not be so crucial!

Roy is in a lose lose position, people want youth to be given a chance then when he does due to he's critised for not taking a oap.

I wouldn't take Rio to clean Kelly's boots, yes Roy's hand has been forced but this is what everyone has been asking for.

I hope Richards, Carrick, Foster and Robinson never get to pull a England shirt on ever again. Turn your back on your country, no second chances.

Roy is in a lose lose position, people want youth to be given a chance then when he does due to he's critised for not taking a oap.

I wouldn't take Rio to clean Kelly's boots, yes Roy's hand has been forced but this is what everyone has been asking for.

I hope Richards, Carrick, Foster and Robinson never get to pull a England shirt on ever again. Turn your back on your country, no second chances.

Robinsons getting on a bit anyway but the others should never be considered again for England. Disgraceful spoilt little rich kids.

Archived