I will always support my Country

Day

SillyBilly

What are you Welsh lot like? Do you have that inferiority-based hatred of England like the Scots do or are you pretty supportive of us as "fellow Brits"?

They support Germany.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Daveo, i know we dont always agree on a lot of things, but my dearest friend, you are a genius.....i think i love you.

Come te summer, all the ****** will be in the bars with their England shirts on jumping around, throwing beer around and then slagging us off when we dont turn Spain over 5-0.

I love my country, i love almost everything about it, it absolutley breaks my heart that it is so far down the pan that i have to live out here....i love following England, i love going to foreign countries and the locals gazing at us in complete awe because we are England, the most famous footballing nation in the world. I love singing the national anthem until my throat hurts, i love wearing my England shirt for football training, i love wearing England shorts underneath my FC Muespach shorts every weekend, i love telling people i am English, i love lying to everyone and telling them it is always sunny over there.

So, to all those wasters that are slagging off Roys selection, go f yourselves, let me and Daveo get behind them....go and support Ireland, they will take anyone!!

I am practically counting down the seconds until we beat France....

Those videos...awesome, so inspiring.

They should make all of the squad warch those before they head off.

Come on England...!!!!

As you say Muespach, I will always be proud to be English but I am always looking for a method to engineer my escape from our shores- The situation here is ridiculous.

That out of the way, I actually feel quite optimistic about our national side at the minute. The old guard are being replaced by young blood, the under 21's are looking strong. Most of all however, the press may give us a bit of a break by concentrating on the olympics, the general public may give the squad a break due to the fact we didn't have a manager until recently and also the consensus that the players we have at our disposal aren't that great. All of this may conspire to give us a chance, that and the fact that I think Hodgson is an astute appointment. After all, Greece and f'ing Denmark have won it in the not-so-distant past. COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!

SillyBilly

Nobody except the English support England, unless the media pay one of the locals to wave a flag about shouting "Ingerluuuund".

England have decent support in India, China and parts of Africa, I've seen plenty of England football tops (all probably fake) on my travels wore by natives. Also the Thais go crazy for England due to the premier league coverage over there. Can't understand supporting another nation myself though always love watching Brazil for obvious reasons!

England have decent support in India, China and parts of Africa, I've seen plenty of England football tops (all probably fake) on my travels wore by natives. Also the Thais go crazy for England due to the premier league coverage over there. Can't understand supporting another nation myself though always love watching Brazil for obvious reasons!

Heh, interesting. I suppose I was looking more towards the rest of Britain and Europe. I find it quite sad to be honest when you hear Welsh, Scottish or Irish people backing the opposition.

I know Germany are the 'old enemy' and all that, but they've always entertained. I don't mind watching them, I'll even back 'em, couldn't support them though. Same with Holland.

Was in Germany the last time the euro's were on, I will admit to singing "Uber Deutschland, ole ole ole" a few times. But, I'm a sucker for an atmosphere and it was a great game. Plus we were surrounded by Germans, and they were all good lads and lasses. Bit pissed n'all, they drink a lot of beer!

Can't wait for this tourney, the lack of expectation is welcome. Pubs, big screen, beer, song and women. Wahey!

SillyBilly

Heh, interesting. I suppose I was looking more towards the rest of Britain and Europe. I find it quite sad to be honest when you hear Welsh, Scottish or Irish people backing the opposition.

I know Germany are the 'old enemy' and all that, but they've always entertained. I don't mind watching them, I'll even back 'em, couldn't support them though. Same with Holland.

Was in Germany the last time the euro's were on, I will admit to singing "Uber Deutschland, ole ole ole" a few times. But, I'm a sucker for an atmosphere and it was a great game. Plus we were surrounded by Germans, and they were all good lads and lasses. Bit pissed n'all, they drink a lot of beer!

Can't wait for this tourney, the lack of expectation is welcome. Pubs, big screen, beer, song and women. Wahey!

Can be excused for thinking it as we're not exactly popular in Europe. I think some Rangers fans travel with England. I suspect we have some support, just not much from the home nations. Used to work with a raving Welsh nationalist, just asked him to speak in Welsh when he was going off on one, soon shut him up as, naturally, he couldn't speak a word.

Oh it was you I saw in Karpathos on my last visit there. The locals explained to us "Never mind him, he is from England". True patriot you. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Games like;

West Germany in Italia 90

Holland in Euro 96

Argentina in France 98

Argentina in Japan 02

even qualifiers;

Germany in Munich

Italy in Turin

These games made the Southampton playoff game feel like a cake-walk.

**** me that got the hairs standing up on my neck.

That was brilliant...Gary Neville excluded.

Having followed England I can say there are few prouder moments than standing in a packed foreign ground singing your national anthem.

Archived