England v New Zealand cricket 2013

Curtains

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not in the right place I know, but need some help, I have been invited to a 50 cricket game in Cardiff next week, 10.30 start, if it goes the distance, with no rain, anyone know how long these things last ?

Not in the right place I know, but need some help, I have been invited to a 50 cricket game in Cardiff next week, 10.30 start, if it goes the distance, with no rain, anyone know how long these things last ?

8 hours at least.

After 1800hrs finish

Can anyone tell me just who Jade Dernbach is shagging at the ECB? Only possible reason he gets in the England team. He bowls a slower one, they hit him for six. He bowls short, they hit him for six. He has a great range. Batsmen love it!

Can anyone tell me just who Jade Dernbach is shagging at the ECB? Only possible reason he gets in the England team. He bowls a slower one, they hit him for six. He bowls short, they hit him for six. He has a great range. Batsmen love it!

He was a 'prospect' a couple of years ago when this weird out of the back of the hand ball took a lot of wickets. Since then, batsmen have got wise to it. I agree that the guy is just not up to it. The current rubbish shows just how much we miss Finn and Broad.

Personally I don't care a great deal for one day internationals, and I don't give a toss about the electric rounders T20 nonsense. If it playing people like Dernbach means that our decent bowlers are fit for test matches (especially against the bread-stealers), then I'd put up with it. That's only me talking though and I wouldn't necessarily expect anyone who enjoys one-day cricket over test cricket to agree with me.

He was a 'prospect' a couple of years ago when this weird out of the back of the hand ball took a lot of wickets. Since then, batsmen have got wise to it. I agree that the guy is just not up to it. The current rubbish shows just how much we miss Finn and Broad.

Personally I don't care a great deal for one day internationals, and I don't give a toss about the electric rounders T20 nonsense. If it playing people like Dernbach means that our decent bowlers are fit for test matches (especially against the bread-stealers), then I'd put up with it. That's only me talking though and I wouldn't necessarily expect anyone who enjoys one-day cricket over test cricket to agree with me.

No, I'm with you. T20 cricket is a circus, attended by drunken fans who think you should just whack it. However, good cricketers should be able to play all forms of the game. I think the one-day stuff is an opportunity to blood new stars and Dernbach has had his chance. I can't see Woakes making the step up either.

A few months ago we were boasting about our strength in depth but it's looking a bit thinner now. There's no doubt that when Finn and Broad are fit we will have enough to beat the Aussies. If they are both out it might be a different story.  I love test cricket and can't wait.

I can see Woakes having a more than decent future - after all, he's still relatively young (24) and has a first-class bowling average of 25 and a first-class bowling average just shy of 40. I think that test matches would be more suited to him though, because his first-class figures are far better than both Cork's and Flintoff's were at a similar age. Not sure about one-dayers at all - he's struggled with both bat and ball throughout (apart from the 6-45 against the bread-stealers a couple of years ago)

You've spoiled it for me now, me and a mate are going to see England vs NZ this Wednesday limited overs at Trent Bridge to see someone thrashing the ball over the boundary and to get drunk. Is that what it's not all about  :mellow:

Hey, you have fun. I just think if the cricket was so entertaining fans would want to remember it and not feel the need to get drunk.

First cricket match I saw was in 1992 England against Pakistan at Edgbaston sign on the turnstile said people with excessive amounts of alcohol will not be admitted so I went and bought 4 cans of Tennents Super, have no idea what happened after lunch or even getting home, sure it was a good game though.....

First cricket match I saw was in 1992 England against Pakistan at Edgbaston sign on the turnstile said people with excessive amounts of alcohol will not be admitted so I went and bought 4 cans of Tennents Super, have no idea what happened after lunch or even getting home, sure it was a good game though.....

And you worried about MY liver...

Buttler smashing it at Trent Bridge

If the last ball had gone for six, it would have been the fastest 50 of all time in ODIs. It's given England a very good chance.

I had the same issue when I used to go to Trent Bridge for Tests 8-9 years back - they said no excessive alcohol and were real hitlers about it - checked every bag and they only allowed you 2 cans and confiscated any excess, but I used to take a 3L box of wine in a coolbag - no problem at all......never got that - 3 cans of 4% lager was an issue but what was essentially 4 bottles of 12%-14% wine absolutely no problem

I had the same issue when I used to go to Trent Bridge for Tests 8-9 years back - they said no excessive alcohol and were real hitlers about it - checked every bag and they only allowed you 2 cans and confiscated any excess, but I used to take a 3L box of wine in a coolbag - no problem at all......never got that - 3 cans of 4% lager was an issue but what was essentially 4 bottles of 12%-14% wine absolutely no problem

The stewards didn't drink wine?

Archived