Tevez

Day

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you actually convinced yourself that footballers deserve to be paid ridiculous amounts of money whilst the NHS continue to put people out of jobs?

Could this not go for so many jobs, whilst Bris is a WUM at best, he has no control over our budget for people who work in the health care, and do you really think that if salaries were cut to footballers, it would be spent on the NHS ???

We are all part of creating these monsters and yet we get on our high horse when something happens that we dont agree with, football is a sport, one that creates passion, highs and lows through 90 minutes of people kicking a ball around, and the people who play it are only human like the rest of us, they will make mistakes, only it is highlighted because of what they do.

For me football would not be what is is, without the characters that is within the game, the Rooneys, Ballotelis, Gazzas, Tevezs and even Savages of the world, the game would not be what it is.

I dont condone his actions, and still think he is a brainless fool at best, but is it any worse that a kung fu kick on a fan and still being allowed to play on ?

Football is a business.. Plain and simple.. No loyalty? What is loyalty in a company? No such thing.. The guy signed 5 years that means Man City have him contracted for 5 years, meaning no-one can get him for free in that time..

If Tevez leaves, he buys out his contract or he's sold.. He goes training, he plays football matches, Man City win, job done..

Oh and he earns more than 99.9% of the average person because he has an ability better than 99.9% of the people.. If you're the best, you're paid top $$ to fall in line with the business.. It's simple really. He deserves his money for having that ability..

Before anyone uses a doctors analogy.. Doctors are 'highly trained' proffessionals who do a fantastic job and deserve good pay.. But they're trained to do that, and you can study to be a doctor.. No matter how much training and studies you have, 99.9% of the people will never have the ability of Carlos Tevez or Balotelli therefore they simply earn more money for the overall business therefore deserve to be paid top $$.

Plus they're icons known all around the world..

Football is football, business is business. There was a time when loyalty to the employer was well respected by players as well as fans.

The fact he's paid more than 99% of the worlds population for playing football is wrong, it's been wrong since I did that project on it at college 14 years a go and it's only got worse since then. If the money is invested elsewhere I can kind of see a point to it, but on the whole it's not. The individual keeps it. No one in their right mind can say that it's deserved for a bit of footballing skill. He deserves some compensation for entertaining people in Manchester and maybe the rest of the world who wants to watch City play, but £250'000 per week, gerroutofit.

Didier Drogba has a good idea about re-investing the money, I'm not sure exactly but he's built schools, hospitals and other things around Cote D'Ivorie. I can respect that, if every footballer did something similar, cool, the money they've earned does something positive.

Doctors are highly trained individuals indeed, and their places of work are running out of money, soon enough only the likes of Carlos Tevez and Joey Barton will be able to use them. There's something wrong there.

The money deserves to be re-invested all around the world into society. There's an abundance of things it could benefit. One person alone receiving all of that, madness.

Football is football, business is business. There was a time when loyalty to the employer was well respected by players as well as fans.

The fact he's paid more than 99% of the worlds population for playing football is wrong, it's been wrong since I did that project on it at college 14 years a go and it's only got worse since then. If the money is invested elsewhere I can kind of see a point to it, but on the whole it's not. The individual keeps it. No one in their right mind can say that it's deserved for a bit of footballing skill. He deserves some compensation for entertaining people in Manchester and maybe the rest of the world who wants to watch City play, but £250'000 per week, gerroutofit.

Didier Drogba has a good idea about re-investing the money, I'm not sure exactly but he's built schools, hospitals and other things around Cote D'Ivorie. I can respect that, if every footballer did something similar, cool, the money they've earned does something positive.

Doctors are highly trained individuals indeed, and their places of work are running out of money, soon enough only the likes of Carlos Tevez and Joey Barton will be able to use them. There's something wrong there.

The money deserves to be re-invested all around the world into society. There's an abundance of things it could benefit. One person alone receiving all of that, madness.

Tevez will put more back into this country than 99% of people via a high tax code, the money is also coming from outside of this country. Yes its a high salary, but football is a big business to the goverment and the revenue it brings into them, and the top 1% of earners in this country pay around 30% of the income tax into this country.

Tevez will put more back into this country than 99% of people via a high tax code, the money is also coming from outside of this country. Yes its a high salary, but football is a big business to the goverment and the revenue it brings into them, and the top 1% of earners in this country pay around 30% of the income tax into this country.

Yes but as an overall rate on his salary it will be a lot less than what mr average pays

Fair enough wayne rooney pays more tax than me but I bet it isnt the 40% I have to pay due to the accountants used!

Good post fella.... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

The government don't invest it where most of the population think it should be either. But I'm not gonna get into that.

which I guess is also the overpaid footballers fault 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Not just them no mate, but it's the ideology that's wrong. The dominant view. Except it's not that dominant anymore and the people with the money are hanging onto it for as long as they live. 99% are held to ransom.

This particular conversation could get pretty deep.

Archived